Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just come on on my 6000 mile car

6k/6m service done in last couple of months

anyone else had this?

maybe it is due to my freer flowing air:D

·
Registered
942 Posts
these maintenance "reminders" can be set or adjusted manually without special equipment but my guess is when your car was serviced they forgot to reset that particular reminder. I'm not sure why there needs to be a separate reminder for oil and filter though as I can't imagine anyone with a car such as this changing the oil but keeping the old filter

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Might be the air or cabin filter, which I believe are not changed at the 6m/6k service.

Cannot explain why the warning has come up though!

D

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right I RTFM and it said filter life can be shorter if;

it's dusty ( no it has rained for the last 6 months)
it's been cold (yes) :rolleyes:
the car has sat in traffic a lot (no)
the car has made short journeys (yes) :rolleyes:

I'm talking about a warning delivered via the instrument binnacle not mfd

Looks like I'll have to visit the HPC

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Ed,

Is the filter warning the one on page 2-23 of the owners manual?
If so that can be disabled.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Zed Ed
Maybe i'm being thick but you need a service at every 6000 or every 6 months so I think you need a service.
My 6000 cost £222.28 at Nissan Exeter.
I have been told that even if you do 10 miles in 6 months you have to have the car serviced and they will replace oils filters etc as per warranty instuctions even though there are nearly no miles done.
Failure to do this will result in invalidity of warranty.
Info direct from Nissan HPC.

Regards
Jerry
If i've missed the point or got my wires crossed about your question then appologies

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Zed Ed
Just read your question properly,so forget what I just posted and pop to the HPC and I'm sure they will sort it.
Sorry
Jez

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Maybe they charged for, but didn't replace, the filter?
It wouldn't be the first time, or the last, that a stealership has charged for work which hasn't been done. I always mark parts which should be replaced, if I have to let the muppets touch my car.

I recently serviced my wifes Volvo. I changed the oil and filter, and the air filter. Despite being charged for these items at the last service, they had not been changed since the car was new. Evil creatures sent!

:flame:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep, that's the one

clearly I didn't RTFM well enough :)
you have an owners manual?????

Surely the point of a warning is that you do something about it? Not disable it and hope it goes away? :confused:

So have we established what this warning is actually for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fliter Maintenance Warning

Had the same thing happen to me at the weekend (2012, 19k). Less than 1k since service (by Litchfield). Can only think its a sensor reset, going to call them when I get time - will post their response.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts