GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My car has a few mods on it,large no-cat exhaust,new R34 turbo's,Boost control etc but still has the standard Air Filter.

I realise that performance filters for GTR's aint cheap, so I wanna be sure to get it right first time!!

Which is the best for a '32 GTR, to give the best performance gain, and make the car sound like the one Vicky Butler Henderson on the Top Gear Video.........I suppose I'll need a Dump Valve as well.............which is the best??

Cheers for now:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
There was a big discussion on air filters and the best ones to use a while back.

Do a search - you should find all the information you need. It was certainly very in depth !

Hope this helps.

Daz

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have a blitz induction kit on mine - makes a lovely noise and decent power, the best filtration is offered by the apexi one and that is also loud and similarly priced :)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Scott (R32 GTR) is the expert on engine performance vs filtration performance (engine damage caused by particles let through). I used M's pipes with K&N filters. Scott seems to think they are a very good compromise as long as they are not over-oiled.
I wanted to fit a blow off valve (to make a nice noise) but my tuner advised me after spending some time getting my car to run sweetly he was not going to fit something that would upset the running as the standard dump valves are best for the power I produce. As he has 10 years more experience than me I followed his advice. He also told me that Mike D's car (10 of the best, gumball rally, 3.0 geiken) came with dump valves in the 3 litre package, but he used the standard ones as the car ran better!
Listen to the few experts in the UK, they know how to get the best out of our complicated cars. They are not novas or corsas ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the sound advice Dave.I think I've decided on A'pexi, after looking at the previous thread.

The guy I bought my car off had recently bought a R33 GTR from Middlehurst, he picked me up from the train station in it, and I noticed on that you could hear the recirculating dump valve working (HKS Induction kit). It's just that the exit to atmosphere sounds so much better!!! But....if the tuners say no....I'll go along with that every time.

There's only one type of advice on this forum you know............... GOOD Advice!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
dump valves

Has my car got a atmosphere dump valve

Its just that when you lift off the throttle, you get like a atmospehric DV.

I thought that was due to the induction kit.

The echo of the turbine coming through the filters

Or am I wrong.

Running M's pipes with K&N filters

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
But can you hear the recirculating one like the atmospehric ones on the GTR.

I.e. the whoosh.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Thats what I initiallty thought

Thanks for the confirmation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts