GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good bye to all my customers at Nobles:sadwavey:.
I am working my final day tomorrow and moving to Aberdeen over the weekend for a new adventure working for a well known offshore company.
Its been a difficult choice but I have decided to go due to a pregnant girlfriend and lets face it money :D

And now that I am no longer silenced by Nissan I can say what I want on here lol

Thanks Iain

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
ahh good news for the forum users, I'm sure your input will be of great value.
I'm sure you can tell us a few secrets hidden by Nissan GB from warranty issues to reliability issues etc. So let's think of a few questions forum:D

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I am working my final day tomorrow and moving to Aberdeen over the weekend for a new adventure working for a well known offshore company.
Its been a difficult choice but I have decided to go due to a pregnant girlfriend and lets face it money :D

And now that I am no longer silenced by Nissan I can say what I want on here lol

Thanks Iain
Welcome Iain, indeed!

If you have beans.....

Spill them!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
300 Posts
man that's a nice thing but i'll advise you to check on your contract before saying anything ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should say I will not be getting into any slaging matches about Nissan, I am leaving on good terms and I will be keeping it that way.

I will say if I think something is not right tho when I am on here.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Let's get to it then.

How/When/What happen between HPC and nissan on that recall ? We KNOW they know BEFORE the launch ...what did they tell you ?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Best of luck with future endeavours Iain.

Selfishly i'm sorry to hear you are leaving as you were great at the handover and optimisation, and been great to email for information.

All the best on the new job and baby of course. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts

Thanks Iain
Welcome to the forum and to Aberdeen. What type of job are you taking in the offshore industry. There are a few of us on here.

I finally got my car picked up at Nobles on the 23rd of Jan after struggling to be in the counrty for months. It was the UMS you had sitting around for ages. I think you fitted the driving lamps to it.

I have a few questions, what do you drive, would you buy a GTR and if not, why. :)

Don't be a stranger on here as we would all like to have the benefit of your knowledge.

Ally

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum and to Aberdeen. What type of job are you taking in the offshore industry. There are a few of us on here.

I finally got my car picked up at Nobles on the 23rd of Jan after struggling to be in the counrty for months. It was the UMS you had sitting around for ages. I think you fitted the driving lamps to it.

I have a few questions, what do you drive, would you buy a GTR and if not, why. :)

Don't be a stranger on here as we would all like to have the benefit of your knowledge.

Ally
Hi Ally yea thats right I put the driving lamps on for you.

I will be working as a Tooling tech in Dyce.

As for your questions, I drive a BMW and yes I would and will have a R35 at some point, a black edition in red for me thanks.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Thanks Iain
Iain,

Come visit when your in Aberdeen and i'll show you what the Beast does with an Ipod installed :) Want to be my weekend track mechanic??? Great to hear your advancing your horizons but after 30 plus years as a rig pig :( it's not all roses enough is enough.....lucky for me i havn't work north sea since 1991............prefer more exotic locations....if you need any introductions let me know

come by it would be great to see you and all the best for your future
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Iain,

Come visit when your in Aberdeen and i'll show you what the Beast does with an Ipod installed :) Want to be my weekend track mechanic??? Great to hear your advancing your horizons but after 30 plus years as a rig pig :( it's not all roses enough is enough.....lucky for me i havn't work north sea since 1991............prefer more exotic locations....if you need any introductions let me know

come by it would be great to see you and all the best for your future
:thumbsup:
I have PM you John

·
Registered
58 Posts

Thanks Iain
Iain,

Like to wish you every success in the Offshore Industry, thanks for your previous help and advice when at Nobles.

Good Luck

Cheers,

Grant

P.S. If Offshore doesn't work try Deep Sea! More time off!!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
here is one for you..( i dont think you will answer it but lets hope sp)

ARE NISSAN WARRANTY only covering UK cars..

OR IS NISSAN A WORLWIDE WARRANTY..IE COVERS JDM IN UK..

after all MANUFACTURES WARRANTY should cover any car..AT ANY PLACE

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
here is one for you..( i dont think you will answer it but lets hope sp)

ARE NISSAN WARRANTY only covering UK cars..

OR IS NISSAN A WORLWIDE WARRANTY..IE COVERS JDM IN UK..

after all MANUFACTURES WARRANTY should cover any car..AT ANY PLACE

Jurgen i know a number of guys in early days who imported 35's to SE Asia region, gearbox issues then arose. Nissan Japan did offer to repair box underwarranty if they shipped car back to Japan. One guy i know airfreighted his from Singapore and back again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts