GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have finally got a skyline(R33 V-spec), and am VERY impressed with it,and its thanks to you lot because without all of the intelligent posts on here I probably would not of had the confidence to buy one.I have a couple of questions though, I knew it needed some rear tyres when I bought it, but the wear seems unusual ie bald in the inner shoulders of the tyre and not too bad on the rest of pattern(goodyear F1's), it is also running on 255/40 17's i thought they ran on 245's?? Also my ecu has "Middlehurst 360" on it what will this of changed??? The car has a full middlehurst history as well.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
R33

The ECU will be a replacement unit which will have a 360BHP chip in it along with the fact it should have a bigger than standard exhaust, probably be decatted and it should have different air filters (probably HKS from MM) with this, the ecu should also be set to run on the UK fuels with lower RON. As for tyre wear, sounds standard to me, please tell me if I am wrong but all the UK ones I see all have that characteristic wear - just change them round every 2k does the trick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi

Congratulations with the new car.

Glad to see another Skyline north of the border.

Cheers Tom.:D

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
The static load radius of the stock GT-R tyre 245x45/17 is 11.9" (excuse the imperial measurements but they're from the US Bridgestone site). For a 255x40/17 it's 11.6" so that's fine. You can (I think) go up to a 265x40/17 on a stock 17 x 9JJ wheel. Just make sure all 4 tyres are the same size and ideally the same type.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The tyre wear you mention seems to be normal.

this isn't too much to worry about. to even things up you can swap the tyres and rims around left to right but you will have to take the tyre off the rim because of the rotation of the tyre...

enjoy.

/Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
you're making a big mistake kowalski.... you should've bought a BMW.

make no mistake guys *now look at the sig* it's true, it's true....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts