GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

well after FOUR years dreaming of owning one, slobbering over them on ebay and even making them in 3d race off against cosworths I FINALLY own my very own R33 woohoo!!
heres a pic of her:

its got half a dozen toys I have no idea about - turbo timer (very cool), adjustable coilovers (as if the thing needs em!) and also a boost control box which I daren't touch - currently is running at 0.5bar on the turbo and I'm told it can easily be adjusted to 0.7 or 0.8 bar but I really dont wanna touch it as it scares the living daylights out of me as it is! Its my first turbo'd car so I'm being very careful in it.
however I've a quick query - its only got a top speed of 180kmh (speedo still in kmh) which is roughly about 115mph I'm guessing - is this right for a 2.5turbo car?
Dont get me wrong - I'm totally happy trundling along at 65mph in it and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL drive and THE SOUNNNNDDD it gives me and theres plenty o power but shouldn't that speedo be higher? just interested in other owners opinions :)

btw - I noticed the meet on the 5th march next to the angel of the north - assuming I'm not being ridden at work I'm gonna get myself over there as it'd be great to meet other owners :D

thanks alot

anthony
noob skyline owner (be nice I'm scared!)
newcastle
uk

ps - I'll get some nicer pics up shortly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
Looking Nice.

Congrats on the purchase Anthony. You'd be most welcome at the Angle meeting this Sunday mate.:D

Sounds like the restricter is still operating. That's easily sorted with a km/h to mph convertor. (This aslo de-restricts it.). There about £40 on e-bay. They fit behind the dash and are a small black box with riggly wires. (I'm not into electronics!:rolleyes: ). It'll take about half an hour to fit, or you could get someone to do it for you.

The turbo runs 0.5bar as standard, so it does sound like everything is running standard mate.

Use the search button, there should be loads of information on there about this subject.

As I say, get along to the meeting on Sunday and we can have the crack. You never know, you might get a ride in a fast one!:D

Andy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Andy getting it de-restricted and kmh to mph converted is one of my first things to get done on it. I'll make the effort to find my way to the angel of the north this sunday altho I might find another skyline owner on the way there with any luck so assuming he's not doing 180mph I may be able to follow him!
and whaddya mean a fast one?!! mines already silly (mind I've been driving a 1.6 escort prior to this) oh dear :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Congrats on the purchase bud, theres a few of us in the north east.

get yourself along and you will learn loads :)

Yup 0.5 bar is standard (best thing to do is get used to the car before tinkering etc, as its wet usually up here and there tail happy)

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Andy - yeah I dont wanna touch the boost control and I've noticed that the back end can come out easily if your not careful but to be honest I've been driving it like I'd drive miss Daisy as I love the sound of the engine at low revs haha :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Wait till you drive through a tunnel bud, you will be like me just looking for underpasses or bridedge to drive under :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
anthonymcgrath said:
thanks Andy getting it de-restricted and kmh to mph converted is one of my first things to get done on it. I'll make the effort to find my way to the angel of the north this sunday altho I might find another skyline owner on the way there with any luck so assuming he's not doing 180mph I may be able to follow him!
and whaddya mean a fast one?!! mines already silly (mind I've been driving a 1.6 escort prior to this) oh dear :D
I'm in Blyth mate, if you want to follow me, (and I promise not to drive at 180mph:rolleyes: ), we can meet up somewhere if you like. I'll PM you my mobile number.

Caoboth said:
Congrats on the purchase bud, theres a few of us in the north east.

get yourself along and you will learn loads :)

Yup 0.5 bar is standard (best thing to do is get used to the car before tinkering etc, as its wet usually up here and there tail happy)

Andy
And that's good advice Andy.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Congratulations I know how you feel, I have just got mine, I have had a NONE Turbo skyline, but have my Turbo one now. R33 GTS-T there's NOTHING like the sound of a Skylines engine, mine is de-restricated and in MPH, have you had yours done yet Anthony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,630 Posts
Andy Hornsby said:
You never know, you might get a ride in a fast one!:D

Andy.
I think what Andy`s saying is he`ll take you for a spin:D if you ask him nicely. And yes, his is a fast one, there are 2 of us on this forum with 400+hp GTR`s who been behind him at some stage and he is a very competent fast driver.

Andy hope your keeping well mate;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
hodgie said:
I think what Andy`s saying is he`ll take you for a spin:D if you ask him nicely. And yes, his is a fast one, there are 2 of us on this forum with 400+hp GTR`s who been behind him at some stage and he is a very competent fast driver.

Andy hope your keeping well mate;)
Very kind of you mate,;) (the money's on the post.), keeping fine and how's your good self?

Nice to see that your posting again after a wee brake.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Anthony

All though this is in totally the wrong section here goes, dont suppose u drive through blaydon ever morning abt 7ish do u ??

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Its just one of the standard once for here marc :)

Either that or theres something wrong as my r33 has a carbon bonnet :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
Just had me wondering ..... actually I was going to batter on and say "dont be so lazy and take a pic" then realised mine shows a car I sold 2 years ago :D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top