GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

After what seems like eternality, I finally took my R34 GTR V-spec II Nur home :p

I am so happy. I have the car for 2 weeks now, it is everything I ever wanted in a car :D

Currently I only have 1750 miles on the car, I have not floor the car yet, I am limiting myself to 5000 rpm. One thing I am unsure of and like to have you guy's opinion, what is the break in period of the RB26DETT? I can't find it in the owner's manual and the shop manual!

My other question is when should I change the fluid in the car? I already changed the engine oil at 550 miles, and I plan to change the following fluid tomorrow (engine, transfer case, transmission, front and rear differential.) Am I doing it right?

So far I am very happy with the car, initially the suspension feels a little too stiff, but now I am used to it and it feels great! I am surprise how nimble the handling of the car is, considering how heavy and big the car is.

I love everything about the car, I love looking at it, seating in it and of course driving it. I can't wait to be able to use the full power of the engine.

I drove the car all day today in Los Angeles, California. I was planning to take a picture of the car with the Hollywood sign in the back ground, but end up not able to due to heavy traffic, so I took a picture of the car in front of the Beverly Hills police department and with the car on Rodeo Drive (the famous shopping district in Beverly Hills).

Sorry, I can't get the picture's size small enough for me to attach them, I will post them ASAP.

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
Look man, its p*ssing down with rain in England and I havent even found a clapped out 2nd hand R33 yet so shut up eh ;) ;)

Oh go on then post up some pictures, see if you can get a pic of the car outside that public toilet that George Michael got captured in - that would make me laugh.

Go on drive up there, its only up in the Hills, wont take long in a R34 !

:)

Nice one!

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Good stuff Jeff!! I'll have to organize a trip to California in the near future!!!:D :smokin:

The break-in period my Nissan dealer specified was around 1600-2000 Km. The first oil change is at 1000km and from then on you can gradually push up the revs. You should be fine now so give that N1 engine what it deserves;)

As for the gearbox and diff oils, I think they get changed at around 5000Km. I would have to check...
I advise you to go for Redline oils, or Motul... or anything that is ester based.

Looking forward to seeing those pix!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats. Jeff

The wait must have seemed like a lifetime.

Mine gets into the U.K. in 2 weeks so it should be on the road early September.

Keep me posted on any mods.

Tim

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the kind word :)

Tim.........the wait is well worth it.

No I don't want to get out of it :D

I think I am going to go drive it again............:p

Jeff

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Congrats on the new car, Jeff. It sounds like you are on a real high. Just wait until you start putting that N1 engine to good use! ;)

Cya O!

·
Registered
404 Posts
California cruising…

Jeff,

It’s good to know they car was worth the wait and premium you had to pay in the states.

I’ve always broke my new cars with this formula:

First 1,000 miles blow 3,000rpm then after an oil change an extra 1,000rpm per 1000 miles then at 5000 miles another oil change and any other necessary servicing and keep regular oil changes at 3000- 5000 miles.

In the states the best oil I’ve found is Castrol Syntec 5w/50 a little expensive at nearly $5 a quart but worth it and its nearly the same stuff as Nismo use in their endurance race cars.

I’ve a friend here in my office moving to Camp Pendleton next month although he still doesn’t have anywhere to live yet :rolleyes: but I’ve told him to keep an eye out for your car cruising around the Californian highways ;)

Paul.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Jeff that is absolutely gorgeous, I cant imagine anything with more road presence than that!!!!!!!!

DCD, How did you manage to post those pics beings as theyre over the 30kb limit or whatever it its?

Rob

1 - 20 of 38 Posts