GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after a few months of debating on what to do I have finally plunged and got a skyline. It's the one that was advertised on here via RK Tuning. I've had it two weeks now and due to work get very little chance to play with it, which apparently seems to be a good thing as it drinks petrol like no tomorrow. I couldn't care less about though as I'm finding it very hard to not go out in it!! Once iv cleaned it il try and upload some pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully these pictures have uploaded, will do more when take some, positive comments welcome ;)

as regards to driving it i love it, i love the fact it feels like a normal car to drive sensibly, it feels tight and solid the ride isn't too stiff and the car doesnt feel a handful, turn it up and give it some then its obviously a different animal but as it's my first "fast" car i need to learn it first. I can't compare it to anything i've had before as there is no point. It's a pleasure to drive over my 3.5 tonne daily work van, to go from sitting above most things to below them takes a bit of adjusting though.
but overall i'm very impressed with the car. two dislikes are the state of the front wheels after a few miles (being black with brake dust driving steady) so new black wheels are probably going on it, and the 200 miles to a tank, again with steady driving, thank god i don't need the car to commute :D

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is cracking mate.
The white paintwork looks awesome and the blackened headlights sets its off well.

My R32 will be my fastest car i've owned... bit of a jump from my dc2 Integra :p

·
Registered
25,979 Posts
That is cracking mate.
The white paintwork looks awesome and the blackened headlights sets its off well.

My R32 will be my fastest car i've owned... bit of a jump from my dc2 Integra :p
dare i say it the DC2 is a better drivers car :chuckle:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well i did do my first ever trackday with it and i absolutely loved the way it handled even tho it was pretty basic. Said to myself to take it easy... that never happened :D

Top fuel intake with Apexi filter, 98spec manifold with Amuse R1000 titanium exhaust.
Cusco Zero 1 coilovers, Buddyclub front camber arms, FEELS rear camber arms, Hardrace toe arms.
Upgraded front calipers with 282 discs, sw96 wheels with Toyo R888 tyres :)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
and the 200 miles to a tank, again with steady driving, thank god i don't need the car to commute :D
WOW, That's about 7mpg!!!:confused:

I must be extremely lucky with my R33 because only recently I'd used just 27.45litres after doing 155.8miles. If my maths is correct, that's 25.79mpg and I was well chuffed with this.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Great purchase and welcome fella ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very nice - sometimes the standard wheels look so good.
Will it be kept indoors? I'd be paranoid parking it up on full view all the time - these cars are too desireable to thieving scumbags

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm thinking you might need to get used to the go pedal.
I've never had any of my Skylines do worse than 10 to 11L per 100 (approx. 28mpg) combined city/highway driving.
The Rb25 did 9.5 regularly.
However the old Rb26 didn't like towing the trailer 350 K's last weekend.
She returned a bit worse than 20L per100.
Love a white 33 BTW.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not tow a car, just a trailer or jet ski.
In Aus 99% of cars have tow bars and when you consider some of the baby, lightly constructed FWD cars towing trailers………
Whereas the GTR is heavy, has excellent brakes, front wheel assist, why not?
The downside is the loaded up Rb26 in NOT happy at 100kph in top gear.
The only option is to drop back a gear or to go faster, either way fuel consumption suffers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for comments, it may do more (wants to) just don't wanna push it to far before knowing how accurate the gauge is, il be sorting out some track time in coming months probably start with snetterton if anyone else fancies joining?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts