GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so finally I have my money ready to buy my dream car. Only waited 5 years since I sold my last GTR. Seen lots of beautiful examples come and go at the right price.

Now guess what... I cant find the one for me :(

My key rule is that I will not pay over the odds just because a dealer wants a slice of the private seller. Im not a lover of this new middle man approach and charging 3 grand for the privilege.

Fingers crossed a white one pops up that makes me not resist, if not im settling for a black one...

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Import one then !! I did !!

·
Vendor
1,691 Posts
You do get certain rights if its a lemon and usually a warranty as well as card payments, finance etc but I'm normally in your camp also. Dealers rarely want to come down on price either. Especially if the car is a good one.

One will turn up.....just keep you eyes out daily. This time of year, owners normally want to keep them for the summer so you'll pay a little more and there will be less out there.

OK so finally I have my money ready to buy my dream car. Only waited 5 years since I sold my last GTR. Seen lots of beautiful examples come and go at the right price.

Now guess what... I cant find the one for me :(

My key rule is that I will not pay over the odds just because a dealer wants a slice of the private seller. Im not a lover of this new middle man approach and charging 3 grand for the privilege.

Fingers crossed a white one pops up that makes me not resist, if not im settling for a black one...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Import one then !! I did !!
Have been contemplating an import as it had a sat nav and all the toys. But I just cant bring myself to do it, my eyes are peeled right now. Pistonheads, here and autotrader... I just have to not be impatient and i will get the right one i'm sure. Problem i have is that Im very impatient!!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Well I couldn't wait in 2007 after visiting the Tokyo Motor Show and seeing the car and wanted one, but Nissan UK kept me hanging on and on and on and on and in the end I did what I have done with my R33, my R34 GTT, my Nismo 350Z S Tune imported my own. There is also a certain amount of "fun" to be had in chasing down your car and seeing it for the first time when it comes out of the container !

Do it - you know you want to (or buy mine !)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I couldn't wait in 2007 after visiting the Tokyo Motor Show and seeing the car and wanted one, but Nissan UK kept me hanging on and on and on and on and in the end I did what I have done with my R33, my R34 GTT, my Nismo 350Z S Tune imported my own. There is also a certain amount of "fun" to be had in chasing down your car and seeing it for the first time when it comes out of the container !

Do it - you know you want to (or buy mine !)
My 33 GTR was an import and I had minimal issues with it... Some fun things like triple plate OS Giken Clutch release bearing seizing but nothing too serious.

Problem with yours is that it is Red. Whereas I love Red. the missus is a superstitious fool and apparently I will kill myself in a Red car. I always tell her that if it is Red more people will see it

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yep, sorry, forgot my R33 too ! LOL

Nothing wrong with RED it IS the fastest colour you know !!!

You could wrap it any colour you wanted, but underneath you know it would still be RED, the only real colour for a GTR !!

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
My 33 GTR was an import and I had minimal issues with it... Some fun things like triple plate OS Giken Clutch release bearing seizing but nothing too serious.

Problem with yours is that it is Red. Whereas I love Red. the missus is a superstitious fool and apparently I will kill myself in a Red car. I always tell her that if it is Red more people will see it

Yes red is evil. Dmg is the right colour and the fastest colour of them all

·
Registered
626 Posts
I wanted a white one first failing that a black one.....
then I saw 6 cars side by side.....

white..... looked plastic and very essex
black...... swirl marks and showed every bit of dust and dirt
DMG...... very nice
red.........like but wasn't sure
Platinum/champagne colour...... hmmmm
ultimate silver...... head and shoulders above the rest

be patient mate the right car will turn up.... it did for me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
im starting to loose hope!!! ive been looking for a few months

was due to pretty much pick one up this weekend and the seller has sold it even with my deposit put down which he has given back!! it was perfect ;-(

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
White..... Bathtub, I mean your toilet is WHITE!!!! LOL
Black...... Mmmmm Pimp car colour
DMG...... Gay
Platinum/champagne colour...... Another Gay in the village
Ultimate silver...... More Gay

RED.........The only Real Colour for a Super car

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
im starting to loose hope!!! ive been looking for a few months

was due to pretty much pick one up this weekend and the seller has sold it even with my deposit put down which he has given back!! it was perfect ;-(
Yep, good ones don't hang about !!! Mine could be for sale bearing in mind I have just thrown over another grand at it and only used it for 800 miles since throwing £2.5k at if for a complete service at Litchfields ! :chuckle:

Lots of money not many miles !! :flame:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Look through the original sales book for the GTR..... all the pictures are....

ultimate silver...... its the winners choice ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
White..... Bathtub, I mean your toilet is WHITE!!!! LOL
Black...... Mmmmm Pimp car colour
DMG...... Gay
Platinum/champagne colour...... Another Gay in the village
Ultimate silver...... More Gay

RED.........The only Real Colour for a Super car
:chuckle:
You do make me laugh Steve.

I had DMG, but people just didn't seem to see it coming down the road.
Bit of a background colour. They were always pulling out on me due to underestimating the car. Bright = better IMO.

OP, stick with white. They look good, if even bigger!

But buying a good one means you do have to be patient.
In my experience a lot more good private cars come up for sale in the Autumn, as in the Spring/Summer people want to keep them and use them.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
:chuckle:
You do make me laugh Steve.

I had DMG, but people just didn't seem to see it coming down the road.
Bit of a background colour. They were always pulling out on me due to underestimating the car. Bright = better IMO.

OP, stick with white. They look good, if even bigger!

But buying a good one means you do have to be patient.
In my experience a lot more good private cars come up for sale in the Autumn, as in the Spring/Summer people want to keep them and use them.
Hi Rich LOL you make me laugh too as what colour is your R32!!!!!

Also check out Evo mag - they chose a RED R35 out of all those boring Gay ones and Black and White (like wot old TV's used to be before we got COLOUR !!)

Yep another reason not to have Gay one as you just don't see them !!
Even Papa Smurf changed the colour of his car to Baby Smurf Blue so people could see him coming!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts