GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Vendor
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after waiting for what seemed like a eternity , my R34 V spec has been sold.
The car is gone, sold and the money is now ready to get myself in a 35GTR, the car I have been hooked ever since I test drove ludders beast and got me hooked!

I have been and will be looking at the usual places, pistonheads/ trader and ebay.

My budget is 35k, people may have their opinions if this is enough but from having following the market im sure I can get something nice. that's not too say if something amazing came up a bit more I couldn't raise a little more for the right car.

The car im looking for MUST be very well maintained, with FULL SERVICE HISTORY AND have all the major work done. Basically I want one where I can jump in and enjoy.

The reason why im posting here, is in the hope /expectation that many of you guys would look after and know the cars better than Nissan main dealers themselves! and hopefully will get a cherished car.

if anyone is thinking of selling or knows of something suitable please point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
The red one in Ireland any good to you? Looks like a margin for some profit aswell for when that 34 itch comes back

·
Registered
833 Posts
That one looks good. Seems to know what he's talking about and highlights the brakes and new tyres. No mention of bell housing but only 600 quid ish so wouldn't let that be a deal breaker. I'd have a look if I was after one with that budget.

·
Vendor
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still looking for one, have the money waiting .

Don't like silver ones,

First choice colour is black but will consider others

·
Registered
86 Posts
I plan on selling mine. The original plan was to wait until August and do a part-exchange at a garage, but I may be open to selling earlier (explained below).

Car is a black 2009 Black Edition (09 plate so no sat nav or bluetooth audio streaming), based in Bristol/Cheltenham.

- Around 25k miles (more about this below)

Previous owners have:

- had bell housing replaced
- y-pipe changed (not sure which, I will check if it's in the receipts/invoices that came with the car)
- gearbox software updated (2012 I think)

I bought the car in Febuary this year, and have had the following:

- 5 year service (cost £650)
- gearbox circlips fitted and software timing adjusted (cost £550)

Both done at Litchfields. I remember them saying the next service is a lot cheaper, a couple of hundred comes to mind.
The gearbox circlips were fitted because I had the "t/m failure" message, after which it happened again, so they adjusted the timing and it has since been fine (this would have been late May / early June).

Only 'issues' are:

- it's on finance, I assume I just get the settlement figure from the lender and negotiate any differences
- it needs tyres shortly. I plan on buying MPSS (£1400 ish fitted at Litchfields), but I'd rather not, hence I'd consider selling sooner for a slightly reduced price to take into account the tyres
- at some point, a previous owner had the speedometer replaced, so it reads a different mileage (11k ish I think) to the actual mileage. I'm sure Litchfields said they are able to find the actual mileage from the on-board computer, but I haven't had them to do so yet, but I will do before selling.

I've always used Shell V+. The only reason I'm selling is to free up money. It has no problems I know of, and if I could justify it, I'd have it up to a full Stage 1 and keep it longer. I've never tracked it.

Because it has had the y-pipe and gearbox upgrade, I believe another £600 at Litchfields will get it full Stage 1.

If this sounds ok, let me know and I'll contact the lender (settlement figure) and Litchfields (to ask about getting actual mileage).

·
Vendor
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mate

Sounds good please pm Me full details

I'm hoping to buy one asap and on the lookout for the right one to come along so let me know

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi mate

Sounds good please pm Me full details

I'm hoping to buy one asap and on the lookout for the right one to come along so let me know

Bugger. Part of me was hoping you'd decline so I'd not have to face selling him. :)

I'll let you know when I have an update.

·
R35 Section manager
11,165 Posts
I plan on selling mine. The original plan was to wait until August and do a part-exchange at a garage, but I may be open to selling earlier (explained below).

Car is a black 2009 Black Edition (09 plate so no sat nav or bluetooth audio streaming), based in Bristol/Cheltenham.

- Around 25k miles (more about this below)

Previous owners have:

- had bell housing replaced
- y-pipe changed (not sure which, I will check if it's in the receipts/invoices that came with the car)
- gearbox software updated (2012 I think)

I bought the car in Febuary this year, and have had the following:

- 5 year service (cost £650)
- gearbox circlips fitted and software timing adjusted (cost £550)

Both done at Litchfields. I remember them saying the next service is a lot cheaper, a couple of hundred comes to mind.
The gearbox circlips were fitted because I had the "t/m failure" message, after which it happened again, so they adjusted the timing and it has since been fine (this would have been late May / early June).

Only 'issues' are:

- it's on finance, I assume I just get the settlement figure from the lender and negotiate any differences
- it needs tyres shortly. I plan on buying MPSS (£1400 ish fitted at Litchfields), but I'd rather not, hence I'd consider selling sooner for a slightly reduced price to take into account the tyres
- at some point, a previous owner had the speedometer replaced, so it reads a different mileage (11k ish I think) to the actual mileage. I'm sure Litchfields said they are able to find the actual mileage from the on-board computer, but I haven't had them to do so yet, but I will do before selling.

I've always used Shell V+. The only reason I'm selling is to free up money. It has no problems I know of, and if I could justify it, I'd have it up to a full Stage 1 and keep it longer. I've never tracked it.

Because it has had the y-pipe and gearbox upgrade, I believe another £600 at Litchfields will get it full Stage 1.

If this sounds ok, let me know and I'll contact the lender (settlement figure) and Litchfields (to ask about getting actual mileage).

What sort of price are you looking for mate?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Because of the issues car had, mainly because of the tyres which is an excellent bargaining chip, especially for Euroexports who I'm guessing is in the car business anyway so very well maybe able to sort tyres quite easily.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just noticed these replies.

I still need confirm the mileage and to check other similar aged GTRs at which point I'll decide a price - I'll do that after work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Because of the issues car had, mainly because of the tyres which is an excellent bargaining chip, especially for Euroexports who I'm guessing is in the car business anyway so very well maybe able to sort tyres quite easily.

The only issue are the tyres. I mentioned the finance as an issue so that everything is up front and clear from the beginning.
When I saw euroexports message I took the opportunity - I'm far too impatient and lazy to bother with the hassle of advertising it, showing people the car, tire kickers etc.

FYI, Litchfields has since said they can't get the actual mileage because the ECU gets reset when a new speedo is fitted, I'd have sworn they said otherwise at the service :0 but anyway, I'll look at the paperwork to see if I can get an accurate figure. The garage said it had 19k miles in Feb when I bought it, and I'm sure the speedeo was about 7k, it now says 11400, so should be around 23k - 24k.

·
R35 Section manager
11,165 Posts
Probably best to get an opinion from owners on here to what they think its worth. If its just the tyres that need replacing then I would think £36/7k.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Why will it be a bargain? he hasnt quoted price.
Forgot about the speedo issue too, my 350z had another put in when it was imported, so only ever knew a rough mileage, this reason alone I could not sell it successfully :(
Repaired Gearbox.
Needs new tyres
etc

Will be a real good buy for someone on a tight budget.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts