GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She went in yesterday for stage 4, 2013 geometry alignment and some nearly new shoes (interim fix before my Euro trip)

I can hardly wait until Saturday to pick her up and as always. Sly 'you da man!'

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you do the downpipes as well?
No, i'm running a full drag Meister R system which is plenty loud enough for me.

I know the advantages and will probably revisit this later, did you get yours done?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No, i'm running a full drag Meister R system which is plenty loud enough for me.

I know the advantages and will probably revisit this later, did you get yours done?
lol, you don't remember from the pistonheads meet then:sadwavey:

Yea mine has DPs done

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, you don't remember from the pistonheads meet then:sadwavey:

Yea mine has DPs done
Shaun sorry mate :chairshot this is what happens when you're hung over trying to do some work and tapping away on here...

It was going out in yours that started all this :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Shaun sorry mate :chairshot this is what happens when you're hung over trying to do some work and tapping away on here...

It was going out in yours that started all this :D
lol all good:thumbsup:

You did seem pretty convinced after a short blast. Nice to see you took the plunge, I’m sure you will enjoy it….even more now!:cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Stages are silly lol if they had stages when the skylines were new, I'd be like stage 11 or 12 now. Seems ricer lol. My new f#$n Honda. Out here the Honda, jetta and neon guys talk about stages :p

Cool mods though I guess

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stages are silly lol if they had stages when the skylines were new, I'd be like stage 11 or 12 now. Seems ricer lol. My new f#$n Honda. Out here the Honda, jetta and neon guys talk about stages :p

Cool mods though I guess
Sounds like you know your stuff, why are stages silly?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds like you know your stuff, why are stages silly?
I don't but thought i'd share what stage made me think of... Sorry for tuning a serious moment

Here's what I can find for stage explination (without mockery or cool "stage 3" car badges) is

"Power gains are not quoted for any of these stages as this varies dramatically from car to car, also the parts used have varying degrees of affect on the power band. Generally though a stage 1 mod will give a negligable power gain on its own, stage 2 will certainly be noticable and stage 3 represents the maxumum power you can extract from your engine."

·
Registered
141 Posts
An found it! Nissan gtr stage 4. Not quite the stage 12 or omega or whatever but good power!

R35 STAGE 4 - 620BHP LITCHFIELD POWER UPGRADE
At power levels over 600bhp the standard fuel injectors will be at 100% duty so the stage 4 kit features our larger 1,100cc injectors to ensure the engine receives the correct amount of fuel. These Bosch Motorsport based injectors have a superb spray pattern so fuel consumption and driveability are as good, if not better, than the standard OEM 570cc injectors. These are the same injectors we use in our 800bhp conversions.

Like the Stage 3 upgrade it also features the Milltek Y-pipe, exhaust system, large bore intake kit and a new ECU calibration for the larger injectors.

The Stage 4 Power upgrade includes:

Litchfield 1,100cc Bosch Injectors
Litchfield Large Bore performance intake kit with larger MAF housing
Milltek Y-Pipe
Milltek rear exhaust system
Exhaust back pressure reduced by over 37%
Improved boost control with custom Ecutek code
Revised ignition control, Variable Valve timing and Fuel maps
Reduced fuel consumption (especially on partial throttle conditions)
Increase in both power and torque across the whole rev range
Litchfield RACEROM Switchable maps for enhanced Economy mode and full Race mode
Litchfield Custom Launch Control settings when used with Gearbox Software upgrade
The Stage 4 package costs £4,249 fitted inc. VAT

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Also, if someone asks you "what have you done to the car, performance wise", instead of listing every single part you just say what stage it is...as each stage represents certain mods.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Got a demo of the crakle, bang & pop map the other day as well whilst following.....makes you feel like a kid just laughing!:squintdan

The flames....:bowdown1:

All that power, but make it pop and flame and we all :eek::bowdown1::smokin::chuckle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts