GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly 10 years of Skyline ownership today I sold my R32 GTR, although sitting here feeling very sorry for myself I am reflecting on some of the great times and great people I have met through the GTR OC and the SOC...At this moment there is no intention to replace the 32 with another skyline as it would just not be the same....I have been very committed to my childrens activities and have not had the time recently to do as much as I wanted with the 32 hence the selling... still does not make me feel good at the moment.... but one saving grace is that it is not staying in the UK and I have kep the number plate....:chuckle:

I will be around every now and then, and might even got to a show or two in the coming years..but for now on the hunt for an RS4

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sad day m8, not one that i ever plan on myself. Wouldn't ever want to sale my 32. And a shame to let another go out the country but hey needs must an all that i suppose. Dont think even a rs4 will deliver the same kick in the back a tuned 32 can although audi's are very nicely put together, just a little too refined. again just my 2p's worth mind u.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
sorry to hear the car has gone Paul. Know how you feel. Don't want to sell the car (as I lose so much money put into it if I do), but time and money better spent elsewhere at the moment.
Felt bad yesterday as I wanted to go for a spin but the the petrol is better saved for going to JAE.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasnt a case pf needing to sell it... just fell out with the whole Skyline thing... not what it was a few years ago, not having time to do the things I wanted with it n all.... lost shed loads of money on the car, now its time to move on... only looking at the RS4 as its 420 brake out the box with room for more....and i can get the family in it....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Its a pity m8 as i'm just settling into the skyline thing, please dont get me wrong i like all cars and especially anything with some go in it. My friend has a nice s4 estate mildly tuned and it flys and as you say u can cart the family and loads of shopping around and still have it on tap when needed. There worth looking at as most things are interchangeable, my friends s4 estate has rs4 suspension, clutch and exhaust with monster porshe cayenne brakes up front remapped ecu putting out 315 bhp for just over 8 grand....a bargain for sure.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Great shame Paul but hopefully you'll be around at events to catch up with old mates and enjoy the fun still. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I wonder what I'd do ten years on and if I fell out of the passion of owning the car. I suppose selling might be forced, but I don't consider that an option at the moment - I'd lose so much money it's not even funny. Which is why buying other people's project cars is such a bargain...but then, you miss out on the car being *your* own personal build, which is a huge aspect of these cars.

My membership packet arrived in the mail today, lots of neat goodies - I wasn't expecting it, I figured I was just paying for all the bandwidth I use up here :p Makes me wish I were in the UK to be a more active member with meets, trackdays, etc. I suppose I could head up a Korea branch of the club, but seeing as there are so few GT-Rs around, and even fewer of them in proper running condition....pretty lonely club it'd be out here.

btw, I just came across info on the Audi RS5. Now THAT would be a car to consider. Still fairly underpowered, well when compared to tuned Skylines, but 450-ish bhp and a righteously bad-ass sounding biturbo V-8, doesn't weight much more than an R35, proper rear seats, and a remarkably nice looking car IMHO (particularly with the styling tweaks the RS5 is getting like flared fenders, etc)...plus of German cars, Audis seem to be the easiest to tune - BPUs and an ECU reflash could probably make well over 500bhp right there. Two doors, rear seats, twin turbos and AWD is pretty much my formula for A Desirable Car. 19" wheels in bulging fenders and enormous RS-spec brake calipers only sweeten the package...

And then you're back into the game, just with a different car :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts