GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After cancelling my original GTR order when my Daughter came along, and numerous other things getting in the way for the last few years I am stupidly excited to be picking up one this Wednesday. I have spent a good few hours trawling the forum and feel like I know a lot of you already. :D
I hope to be posting my experiences here and still feel like there is sooo much for me to learn about this car.
I've no doubt that it won't remain standard for ever, as nothing I have owned has, but I do have to bear the warranty in-mind. Saying that I have already ordered a Y-pipe as it seems that's not an issue and I'd like to pump up the volume a bit :p

Today has mostly been spent 'nesting' in the garage....

·
R35 Section manager
11,198 Posts
Welcome mate good to here you bought the best colour-DMG

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Keep us updated on modding progress :) it all starts with just a y-pipe!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I think I saw that one on PH Matt, at a very good price from Ancaster Bromley?

Yeah the Y pipe mod is accepted by NHPC's and makes the car sound great, I did a small sound video in Cheddar Gorge last week but can't upload it because it's in MP4 format and the forum won't accept it.

You'll love the car! :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Strange Chris said i would be okay for y-pipe and remap, but when i said stage 4 it was a nope. I'll ask on tuesday-Wednesday as im there picking my car up.

Graham

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Minor mods like y-pipe etc certainally used to be fine with regards to warranty, especially on completely unrelated and common items like fogged headlights, bell houseing etc.

I have had warranty work on headlights, bellhousing and steering lock whilst at stage II.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, what can I say. Great handover from Ancaster this afternoon and I put the first 150 miles on it this evening. I absolutely love this car already and I'm nursing it everywhere. Can't wait to get the next 1k miles out the way!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Well, what can I say. Great handover from Ancaster this afternoon and I put the first 150 miles on it this evening. I absolutely love this car already and I'm nursing it everywhere. Can't wait to get the next 1k miles out the way!!!!
well done matt enjoy the new beast :squintdan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts