GTR Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought a my20 track edition using carwow...got £10,500 off list price...and because I’d ordered early, I had agreed it price protected against the extra £5k that Nissan added to the new model’s original list price from when I’d first ordered? :cool:
nothing for the gtr on Carwow at the mom. Last time I checked (about a year ago) none of the dealers was anywhere near me 👎👎

·
Registered
172 Posts
For that kind of saving I definitely didn’t mind travelling to Nottingham; nearest dealer to me was Westway Mcr and they were offering about 8k discount at the time.

·
Vendor
2,031 Posts
There’s loads of cars around discounted, you just need to find a dealership with slow sales or over stocked and play one off the other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Car sales have dropped over 90% due to Covid. Surely dealers must be doing some major deals to try and get things moving again.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Car sales have dropped over 90% due to Covid. Surely dealers must be doing some major deals to try and get things moving again.
That might be true for your mundane white goods type but something niche like a GTR im not so sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know it’s not relevant, but £80k for a New GTR is relatively cheap,
a friend of mine Who Lives in Asia At the moment told me a brand new GTR would cost £200K, 😱😱😱 £80k probably wouldn’t even get a used one 😰

·
Vendor
2,031 Posts
It’s just the duty and import taxes in Asia, they try to promote There own countries manufactured products To better there own economies.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Definitely cash for me. But I agree with the person who posted about dealers preferring finance to cash - in my experience they're much more interested in finance-based sales. Cash used to be king years ago, but commission is king now!

·
R35 Section manager
10,922 Posts
A lot depends on the amount you need to borrow?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Other than a mortgage I would rather go without, always brought up with the theory that if you can’t afford to pay cash you can’t afford it.
I can’t imagine Most Lamborghini or ferrari Owners paid cash Outright... maybe I’m wrong..

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
You are not wrong, according to the chap I know that works for graypaul even if you can afford to pay cash you don’t

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You are not wrong, according to the chap I know that works for graypaul even if you can afford to pay cash you don’t
No one enjoys paying more than they have to, but even if you could easily afford £100k car doesn’t mean you have to.. i don’t have any plans to finance the GTR but it’s good to see what’s the Other options . I’m in a fortunate Position to be a cash buyer, but still, When I receive my bank statement and see the £80k out of my account, I won’t be celebrating 🙄🙄

·
Vendor
2,031 Posts
Those who are taking Chucky out probably put the cars on lease to offset the cost against there tax bill If there self employed.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
One of the big differences is in How long you are planning on keeping the car, if it is a long time then lease plans rarely work out, for a short time say 6 to 12 months then it can be a cost effective method of ownership, this is one of the reasons why many high end cars end up with lots of owners in a short space of time, they get “rented’ for the summer and then sold on for minimal losses.

if you are planning on having the car for 3-4+ years then outright purchase or a HP/loan finance arrangement can often be most efficient way of purchasing. For a decent amount of money borrowed rates of 3% can be achieved. If you can get a better investment return than that then why would you buy outright?

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Cash is king is such an old-fashioned attitude nowadays. As said above, a lot of the dealers are more willing to be flexible on price and add-ons if they can also sell you the finance package. Just check that you are not liable for any other than one months interest if you pay it off early and job's a good one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,

sorry if this has Been ask or discussed Befor.

Just wondering how people are buying their GTR.
With most of my previous cars, Ive paid cash, so no interest.
but with my current car, I went with HP, so paid a very large deposit and finance the rest (paid off now) the only reason why I finance the car was because the salesman offered me 2 years free servicing and couple bits thrown in.

I’ve not had much experience in HP, PCP, Lease or bank loans.
So let’s say I go with Nissan finance package, I would be paying just under 10k in interest, and a large sum at the end of the agreement and that’s not something I want to do.
View attachment 262562
My initial idea was to paid cash and not worry about any finance, but having spoken to a few people, they suggested I’m probably better off with some sort of finance package, they also suggest not to get the GTR and used the money for a “better” car and finances the rest, but that’s a different story 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tbh Im the kinda of person that changes car every 5-6 year and don’t intend on keeping the GTR for any longer than maybe 6-7 years, but like with my current car, I also never intended on keeping it but my girlfriend wanted it so, it’s technically it sold.

Taking everything in consideration, any suggestions? And how did you paid your GTR?
I buy all my car with cash however if I was in your shoes and If I may, I would do a list of all dealers in the UK stocking GTR's, call each and ask what they have in stock, price of the car and what are the deal packages they're offering sent in an email, from there you put them in competition for your business, you're not a charity.

Check this link, it may help you: What should you never say to a car dealer? - Quora

21 - 39 of 39 Posts