GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I was wondering today how many Japanese people read these forums.
The thing is, my GTR came over August 2008 ish, its got evidence of roll cage. Its mint, so the person who owned it must have taken care of it.
My pride and joy was once somebody elses pride and joy in Japan. I was thinking it would be nice to see if there is somewhere you could put your chassis number and see if the previous owner in japan could find it and write a little bit of the car's history-life ?
Anyone else?

·
Registered
25,946 Posts
You can't really find out

Unless paperwork / history with the car

My 34 I know the owners name , address etc and that he bought it new in 2001

(1owner car)
History was at nismo (as I've all the documents )
Also know his golf handicap LOL

But it's difficult to find it otherwise

Just bought totally stock r32gtr for someone on here

We know that cars history due to documents at auction

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
My car was originally a fleet car I think. Ever heard of Nifsco Matty?

·
6,821 Posts
What can be said about provided service and event histories of a car is that basicly :
-service histories are not tracable if no papers available, which can mean that the previous owner(s) throw them away or the the last seller wanted them to vanish for X-reasons . . . a car with full service histories papers (thin A4 paper) which has had many owners over a long lifespan, is usually a car cared by an honest business. (japanese owners never touch cars, every thing is done at the local garage).
-Owners history can be found out by the last seller in japan (exporter), as he have to change the registration certificate of the car in to the export certificate and has to do that at the ministry of transport car check station. Over there all informations are available . . . thought can`t you just go there and ask them to disclose infos for fun.

What is possible to find out easy on the japanese export certificate is the name of the last owner/car holder. Usually the business who exports the car, owned it under their name and in that case all names on the export certificate have to be that companies name and adresse . . . neverless what is possible is that another business or private persons name is on the certificate, being the last car holder in japan. Then a small note down the export certificate indicates the actual exporters name (the one you bought the car from if purchased streight from japan).
Like this you can at least know what deal happened around your car before it left japan. For exemple, if the car holder was a business, you know your exporter has gotten it from there oand not from a private person.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. cheers.
If it was the other way round, ie; if it was common practice for cars to be regulary exported from here to Japan, I would find it interesting to be able to tap the chassis number in, and see if the car is still going, and what has happened to it. Ive done it with cars ive owned before, and im sure Im not the only one?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I always wondered that as well. I recently found inside the sundvisor pocket what seems to be a petrol card from Cosmo. On the front of the card there's something printed in Japanese I wonder if it's the name of the dude(tte) who owned the car? I'll scan it tonight :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i really wish i knew the history of mine as its a totally mint car id pay to know the history

·
Registered
25,946 Posts
most of my stuff is packed away (like the sales brochure etc etc) but here is the pack that came with the 34

all the certs for the mods from Nismo are there and all the service history

looks like he had an inspection at 2500ks

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
i know the history of mine.

It started life in japan, it visited nismo/omori factory! They turned it into a beast and the car rips up tarmac for fun!

LOL

But ye it would be nice to be able to speak to previous owner etc and get the full info. I dont think mine has been damaged etc . But also you may learn of any mods you dont know of.

Cant see an easy way of finding out this info tho with the language barrier along with the old owner moving on and not really caring about what happened to there car a few years later.

·
Registered
731 Posts
That's the only thing I found in my R33 GTST. No idea what it says, I wish I knew from which area is the car coming etc... Can anyone translate what it says?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know mine saw ditch! Lots of it!! lol. It didn't have the original engine in it either I reckon, definitely not the original clutch, which is unusual for a car with only 100,000km's on it. I don't want to know any more I think being honest.

·
6,821 Posts
I always wondered that as well. I recently found inside the sundvisor pocket what seems to be a petrol card from Cosmo. On the front of the card there's something printed in Japanese I wonder if it's the name of the dude(tte) who owned the car? I'll scan it tonight :)
Cosmo station is like the ARAL gasoil station . . . if he/she had a card from there, the name must figure on it . . I also have a Cosmo Card, is more cheap to use then your VISA card at the self station and you get points on top of that . . . :D
Matty the bar you went was called GREEN MANGO . .ROFLMAO;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Always wondered the full history with my own R33 gtr !!!!!!!!
All i know is it was built and tuned by Network 1991 and has been through various tunes !!!!
I know its done a few trackdays etc in Japan !!!
Always wanted a few pics of it in action at suzuka .:D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
As this is the best GTR owners forum in the UK, wouldnt it be good to have a section for posting up your Chassis number(the only bit that stays the same), for a previous owner to find and give a bit of history on? Anyone else agree ?
i agree sounds like a great idea mate honestly to anyone reading this i will pay to know the history of mine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts