GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so.... as some of you may know... Fee wrecked her GTR in a spectacular roll last year whilst competing.

Her new car was finished about a month ago, but is still getting fettled now. Running low boost due to clutch etc etc etc

Round 1 of Super Lap Scotland, she finished 1st in class and 5th overall

Here's her vid of the final lap -

And her write up - SuperLapScotland Round 1 - 2014

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well done Fee car and driver seemed to go really well :)

We will see you at the next round, hopefully some more cars ready and running our transmissions.

Have you a clutch sorted yet? If so we have the Xtreme clutch (twin) at a very good price if it helps ;) Just need to know are you running 6-speed?

And Adam didn't see you out, are you running the next event?

Rich

·
Registered
78 Posts
good to see her back out on track, car was going well, how does it compare with the skybus? im guessing it will feel more agile being lighter?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
isub - nope, its not Pauls car but its running the same stye arches (22B). Its got some ZEN stuff on it though, Dry Sump etc.

GrahamC

Spec: <basic>

SD Motorsport built engine using Lateral 2.35l parts... in closed deck EJ22 block
AVCS (VVT) Heads
ZEN Dry Sump
6sp DCCD box with centre diff controller (bit like a ETS-PRO)
1115kg ready to race
only 400-440bhp just now due to clutch issues
356mm brakes
seam welded chassis, T45 CustomCages cage
Composite panels etc etc

Kerb - Shes taking it very easy in the vid..... easier than me anyway LOL still plenty of kerb to take, but not sure that they would be allowed with new cutting/track limit rules

Rich I'm away with work just now, but hope to be around and fingers crossed with my car... working.... for round 2 and 3 as well as SMRC racing at Oulton Park.

Clutch - Fee has been on to Andy at RA about a clutch, so thats sorted for now.... main thing is I dont understand why the current clutch is slipping. Its an ACT clutch rated to 660lbft!

Does Andy have any vids of the car being used with the 6sp seq?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great driving there! Seemed a little too ken on the gas coming out of the last corner though haha!

Is she good looking, too? :D

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
isub - nope, its not Pauls car but its running the same stye arches (22B). Its got some ZEN stuff on it though, Dry Sump etc.

GrahamC

Spec: <basic>

SD Motorsport built engine using Lateral 2.35l parts... in closed deck EJ22 block
AVCS (VVT) Heads
ZEN Dry Sump
6sp DCCD box with centre diff controller (bit like a ETS-PRO)
1115kg ready to race
only 400-440bhp just now due to clutch issues
356mm brakes
seam welded chassis, T45 CustomCages cage
Composite panels etc etc

Kerb - Shes taking it very easy in the vid..... easier than me anyway LOL still plenty of kerb to take, but not sure that they would be allowed with new cutting/track limit rules

Rich I'm away with work just now, but hope to be around and fingers crossed with my car... working.... for round 2 and 3 as well as SMRC racing at Oulton Park.

Clutch - Fee has been on to Andy at RA about a clutch, so thats sorted for now.... main thing is I dont understand why the current clutch is slipping. Its an ACT clutch rated to 660lbft!

Does Andy have any vids of the car being used with the 6sp seq?
Nice spec car, must be a beast on track.... Sub 1200kgs is rather good (with a cage)! Cant wait to see it running full boost :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MAX of 1.2bar and 7600rpm :D

Will have red Go Go Go button for 2.1 bar, as well as CAL switches for 4 boost settings ( 1.2 to 1.9bar)... then other four for boost on different fuel.

Diff settings mounted on wheel too, manual with overides for TPS/Speed/foot brake lockup etc

Here is Fee in the car when it was getting the seat fitted/positioned

Dash/steering wheel controls

ZEN Dry Sump

4" FMIC, splitter frame

SUMO!

·
Wondering why
74 Posts
back on the track at long last. Glad to see Fee's not lost her touch, already beating my fastest ever :) Were you on track too Adam?
Looking fwd to Ingliston. Might bring GTR this time around. Was away for that last one - loads of GTRs again?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was up at knockhill. Car looked and sounded great. Im shocked to hear it was only running 400+hp seemed way faster. Can't wait to see the full potential then at the next round :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess it must be the weight... its a good 200kg lighter than a lot of 4wd cars like it. I'm expecting around 550bhp once its wound up... :O

Doug - no, I'm away again just now, as always! be good to see you in the GTR in May.

Ever considered SLS in the Audi? Its a heavy old beast so would be in quite a low class I think. Class C or even D maybe...?!

·
Wondering why
74 Posts
heavy, old? how dare you! :p
290-odd per ton?
top end of class C - but I can't compete with 57s laps. Not yet and prob not ever in that car, at Knockhill.
My next track car will be much much smaller.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts