GTR Forum banner

Firing order RB26

12K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  R32 Combat 
#1 ·
As topic says, could anyone confirm this?

Is it 1-5-3-6-2-4 ?

Asim...

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Does the electromotive have a programmable sequence, or is it like many others that need to be wired in the right order?
Double check that the wiring is correct. On mine to be 100% sure I started with cylinder 1 connected, and the other 5 plug less. Spun it over til I could here it firing, then connected output 2 which was cylinder 5, then cylinder 3, etc until it was firing on 6.
Its not programmable.
There are three coilpacks.
Coil A fires at cylinder 1 TDC, then 120 degrees later coil B fires, then 120 degrees later coil C fires.
The way i have it hooked up now is
Coil A to cylinder 1+6
Coil B to cylinder 5+2
Coil C to cylinder 3+4

This is how the manuel says it should be, according to firing order 1-5-3-6-2-4

Will go over everything tomorrow, to se if there is something i have missed... Will put in some new sparkplugs also...

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Sounds right on 3xtwin coil wasted spark set up.
Presumably you have HT leads going to each plug, try a timing light on each to double check they are firing correctly, although I have an ATI damper which is marked all the way round, bit more difficult on a stock damper, unless you mark some positions.
Yeah, i got some 10mm cabels, in very good condition, so i know its not the cabels. I also checked the ignition timing by putting in 15degrees in the map, and checking it with a timing light on the stock markings, so the crank trigger is all lined up perfektly.

I will try it tomorrow, i was just soooo tired after working on the car for so long. Just need to get some sleep so that my mind is clear in the morning :)

I think i will mark up the crankpulley for every 120degrees, just to check firing on all coils... thanks for the tip :)

Asim...

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Problem is solved today :)

On the electromotive there is a tps accelleration setting, this adds fuel when throttle is quickly opend. This setting was to high, and adding to much fuel when i would blip the trottle, this caused 2plugs to not fire.

Changed plugs, adjusted the tps accelleration, the car now runs smoothly, still a bit work to do, just waiting on my wideband.

My god what a differnce in engine respons!! runs soooooo much more smoothly than the stock ecu.

Cant wait to hook up the cabels to the 4wd, and take it out for a spin :D

Asim....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.