GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Big congrats to Andy Nicholls who has run the UK's first 10s 1/4m for a fwd car, at Ultimate street car, on road legal tyres. 10.84s 139mph. Was in his home built Rover Mk3 turbo
:D
also ran 11s dead and 11.1s.

1/8th mile 7.1s 109mph :D

well done Andy, its taken him quite a few years to achive his goal.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hell, thats a pickup in form!

Hasnt looked happy all yr, but pulled it out the bag there!

Heading down to Pod at 5am to compete in Class A, dont know any times from that class do ya Chris?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmmmmm, I've got some catching up to do!!!

Look like I may need to use a bit more than 15 psi and I need to get my ass down to the Pod, as the grip factor in comparison to Crail would help me out a lot!!!

Well done Mr Nicholls you jammy git.

Little do you know, I tweaked your car for you last Sunday, and that's why you broke into the 10's!

Cheers

Dave

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Milko said:
Dam, I guess I wont see it run 2moro then!

Wonder if CPL will attempt to better it.....
will be an achievement for them to move from 11.3s to 10.8s in one jump.:)
but fair play to anyone that does.

i can remember going to USC about 7 years ago when andy was running 12.9s and winning the fwd 2 litre turbo class in his maestro lol :clap:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Power isn't the necessarily the answer....grip is.

1.6 second 60ft times are possible in a FWD with the correct setup and track preparation.

This is why I am loosing so much time on my 1/4 mile because I simply can't get the car to hook up.

If I could get the car to grip even in 2nd gear, it would jump to mid 11's no problem.

Damn you you stupid car, grip you piece of s**t!!!

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drag'Mera said:
Power isn't the necessarily the answer....grip is.

1.6 second 60ft times are possible in a FWD with the correct setup and track preparation.

This is why I am loosing so much time on my 1/4 mile because I simply can't get the car to hook up.

If I could get the car to grip even in 2nd gear, it would jump to mid 11's no problem.

Damn you you stupid car, grip you piece of s**t!!!

andy always said he'd retire from fwd cars once he'd run a ten, we'll see:)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Milko said:
Hell, thats a pickup in form!

Hasnt looked happy all yr, but pulled it out the bag there!

Heading down to Pod at 5am to compete in Class A, dont know any times from that class do ya Chris?
There you go Pete, something to aim for :) :clap:

I must say that is awesome for s FWD to crack the 10's. What size wheels and tyres has he got up front?

:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
It runs on 275's on a 15" wheel.

Not sure if it's a 26"(50 profile) or 28" (60 profile) tyre though.

·
Banned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fast Guy said:
I remember going to UFC before it became USC and high 13s would take that class. (My old montego came 3rd with a 14.1 before I bought it)
we used to go when the fwd class was won by martin in his maestro turbo, or andy with his the year after, and loads of other monty turbos there etc :)
campsite used to be (still is) mental at night, car fires, people racing round tents etc. got too mad and we took the cars off site to a B+b:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.