GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my GT-R on christmas eve and started the painful running in process!

firstly can anyone tel me if there gtr is a bit juddery pulling away slowly, find it tricky to do a smooth slow pllaway, when just wanting to creep along for example, is this a trait of the car?

also when turning say in a car park the wheels seem to rub the arches, again i am asuming this is a trait?

aside from that, I am now past the first 600 miles and giving it some stick, the car is awesome, even on damp and wet roads it just grips and feels so stable.

I was worried about the ride being too harsh from the initial test drive but now having drove it for a while my worries are gone, the ride is awesome and although the occasional road is a bit harsh its no big deal, i was even considering waiting for the 2010 car as read about improved ride, but glad i didnt now.

The multimedia is awesome, might sound stupid but i wasnt even told that it had a dvd player when buying the car, once picked up i noticed the dvd label next to the cd slot, and got excited, immediatly went and grabbed a dvd and put it in, fingers crossed to see what would happen, and full dvd came up, what a bonus that i wasnt expected, i knew it was coming with ipod connect and jukebox, but this as well, the car has everything!

Reactions to the car are ineresting, its either people breaking there knecks to look at it or they dont notice it at all, I used to own a tvr tuscan, eek, and that made everone turn there heads, even old grannies, but the gtr is different, which i prefer, it atracts people who know and loves cars, and sometimes yu just want to go out and not have every single person looking at you, its a nice balance.

The car has exceeded my expectations and everything just feels and gs so much better than the initial test drive!

Looking forward to summer at santapod now!!

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
pull off from slow is typical, better when warm

rubbing is not, are you sure it rubs? With big wheels it might sound like its rubbing when it isn't

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
yes.... the diff's jurking around sound like rubbing

snow mode sometimes helps, don't forget to turn it off when get going

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Yup, all of the above !! A toatly different driving experience and a "getting used to" from other cars

·
Registered
358 Posts
I get this on our gravel drive... Snow mode works well and yes, it's better when warm. Ignore the noises, it's just the technical magic cleverness doing its stuff!

...or if it's not you'd see scuff marks on the tyres or arch of course...

·
Registered
104 Posts
if you pull away in manual it is better than auto also at roundabouts
(think this topic has come up before)
welcome and enjoy your car :wavey:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine pulls away perfectly smooth all the time whether hot or cold from a standstill. When it is cold, it takes a second or so longer to engage first gear, but other than that, you just have to be very sensitive with the throttle. It's like having an M3CSL in sports mode ;)

Again, when turning on a decent lock, the only noise you should hear is the diffs clunking. This part really isn't that bad and was much worse on my GT2 or the Gallardo I borrowed one weekend.

If really unsure, get the dealer to check it out, they should know what is acceptable! Otherwise, get on and enjoy the beast!:squintdan

·
Registered
52 Posts
Picked up my GT-R on christmas eve and started the painful running in process!

firstly can anyone tel me if there gtr is a bit juddery pulling away slowly, find it tricky to do a smooth slow pllaway, when just wanting to creep along for example, is this a trait of the car?

also when turning say in a car park the wheels seem to rub the arches, again i am asuming this is a trait?

aside from that, I am now past the first 600 miles and giving it some stick, the car is awesome, even on damp and wet roads it just grips and feels so stable.

I was worried about the ride being too harsh from the initial test drive but now having drove it for a while my worries are gone, the ride is awesome and although the occasional road is a bit harsh its no big deal, i was even considering waiting for the 2010 car as read about improved ride, but glad i didnt now.

The multimedia is awesome, might sound stupid but i wasnt even told that it had a dvd player when buying the car, once picked up i noticed the dvd label next to the cd slot, and got excited, immediatly went and grabbed a dvd and put it in, fingers crossed to see what would happen, and full dvd came up, what a bonus that i wasnt expected, i knew it was coming with ipod connect and jukebox, but this as well, the car has everything!

Reactions to the car are ineresting, its either people breaking there knecks to look at it or they dont notice it at all, I used to own a tvr tuscan, eek, and that made everone turn there heads, even old grannies, but the gtr is different, which i prefer, it atracts people who know and loves cars, and sometimes yu just want to go out and not have every single person looking at you, its a nice balance.

The car has exceeded my expectations and everything just feels and gs so much better than the initial test drive!

Looking forward to summer at santapod now!!
Expect all be OK after the Optimisation. Jerkiness when cold is normal especially when reversing. Again, as mentioned elsewhere smoother using manual mode. Expect on lock that the front tyres may be slightlly scuffing and this could be down to the tracking set up, again all should be put right in the 1st Service..................... enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Juddery-starts wise I find keying in just 150-200rpm above idle and allowing the trickbox a couple seconds to tune-in allows smooth reverses and pull-aways with gentle addition of another 100rpm until rolling.

The lightest of squeezes is enough...but I must wait until she picks up. 300+rpm and in one squeeze and mine'll judder. Works 8/10 times! Hard with boots on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts