GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here...Hi

Picked up my new GTR on Friday, premium in white, hated red bits on seats hence not black!

Some background, have owned and raced loads of cars over the years. Currently have GT3RS and Lotus 2-eleven.

Didn't have a test drive so first drive was Friday.

Impressions, WOW, Porsche be scared be very scared.

Highlights, steering, sheer pace, technology (inside and out).

Lowlights, seat a bit tight, boring noise (below hopefully will cure that), that bit of plastic around the buttons on the central console.

Verdict. I love it.

Going to fit a Y pipe and Cobb then take it to The Ring and probable do Goodwood Spring Sprint in it to see how it compares to other stuff.

I'm lonvin 'it!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
welcome to the forum

hope to see you at some events soon

we've some great track days coming up

Ed

·
Registered
199 Posts
Something to look forward to - I now have a delivery date and reg number, so it all seems more real by the day :D

I have opted for a Y-Pipe from the outset, so I know I will be happy.

I opted for the Premium as well.

Enjoy your car and see you at the meets.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm new here...Hi

Picked up my new GTR on Friday, premium in white, hated red bits on seats hence not black!

Some background, have owned and raced loads of cars over the years. Currently have GT3RS and Lotus 2-eleven.

Didn't have a test drive so first drive was Friday.

Impressions, WOW, Porsche be scared be very scared.

Highlights, steering, sheer pace, technology (inside and out).

Lowlights, seat a bit tight, boring noise (below hopefully will cure that), that bit of plastic around the buttons on the central console.

Verdict. I love it.

Going to fit a Y pipe and Cobb then take it to The Ring and probable do Goodwood Spring Sprint in it to see how it compares to other stuff.

I'm lonvin 'it!
Welcome to the dark side.............if you love it now get rid of ALL the CATS and get a GTC custom map and you will have orgasmic moments for ever:cool:

Live long and prosper

·
Registered
196 Posts
welcome to the forum - new owner here also i've had mine a couple of weeks, once bitten never forgotten with this car enjoy!

Be patient with the first 300 miles they are boring but it's worth it in the end - 300-600 is ok, 600+ is OH MY GOD

Havn't had it optimised yet but i understand it gets even better once thats done

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
R8GTR I did have a Ducati in my front room. I have rather a few more now!.

How did you remember that?

Jx

·
Registered
202 Posts
I to have opted for the Storm White premium, I prefer the DGM to the blacker rims, personal preference just thought that shape and look of the wheels is more noticable than the black. I also had a new y-pipe fitted, which is frankly stunning and IMHO makes the car sound like it should, I totally recommend this to all, it changes the whole ownership experience. Finally, I am also not a fan of the black and red trim, suits some colours not others, I certainly would not pay extra for the priviledge.
Ps: Storm white is the best colour, I have gone from Red, to DGM, via Titanium, but am convinced I have found the right colour, cant wait for the summer.

·
Registered
570 Posts
R8GTR I did have a Ducati in my front room. I have rather a few more now!.

How did you remember that?

Jx
Probably cus not many people have a Ducati in their front rooms you mad ****er.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Probably cus not many people have a Ducati in their front rooms you mad ****er.
My mate Rob used to have a 748SP in Yellow and a 916 in Red in his dining room - one of the coolest thing I have ever seen as he had the same bikes in his garage for riding along with an Augusta Gold Series with swipe card start - that is the coolest thing I have ever seen besides my GTR and the birth of my son, oh yeah and my wife on our wedding day (just in case she ever checks my history)

Kp

·
Registered
199 Posts
I to have opted for the Storm White premium, I prefer the DGM to the blacker rims, personal preference just thought that shape and look of the wheels is more noticable than the black. I also had a new y-pipe fitted, which is frankly stunning and IMHO makes the car sound like it should, I totally recommend this to all, it changes the whole ownership experience. Finally, I am also not a fan of the black and red trim, suits some colours not others, I certainly would not pay extra for the priviledge.
Ps: Storm white is the best colour, I have gone from Red, to DGM, via Titanium, but am convinced I have found the right colour, cant wait for the summer.
For the record I oscillated for days between Ultimate Silver and DGM, before concluding, based on another silver car, that Gun Metallic is the colour most likely to look the part in all light conditions.

Share your view of the red trims. Premium was an easy decision for me, plus a Y-Pipe.

Now where is it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, oddly I loved the DGM from the front and side, just didnt do it for me from the rear (OohErrMissus).
Having it detailed from new could make a big difference.

Soon as you get a film of grime it will change the light properties considerably. Detailing from new gets the paintwork off to the best possible start for appearance and protection, and easier to keep that way with the right materials, and top up detailing every now and then.

I've got a detailer booked to prep the car before delivery.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi White gtr

I'm between Haslemere and Petersfield. The A273 doesn't know what's hit it!

You?

Jx

ps ordered Y pipe and Cobb

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi White gtr

I'm between Haslemere and Petersfield. The A273 doesn't know what's hit it!

You?

Jx

ps ordered Y pipe and Cobb

Go for the deCat down pipes as well then you will feel the power of the beast:smokin: make sure you ceramic coat them:flame:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts