GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Im in the market for a GTR. Currently driving a B7 RS4 but am in love with the GTR so decided to start the hunt for one.

Now I know a little about the GTR but would really appreciate it if you guys could help me on a few questions....So here goes

1, Have a budget of around 45k...What Can I expect for that
2, Looking for a Gun Metal Grey model without the seats with the red sides....what's this version called as only found one so far without the red seats
3, what's the difference (apart from the servicing schedules) between a 2010 & 2010 GTR and with the 2009/10 cars are these any less reliable than the later 2011 onwards cars
4, What options are a "must have"

I guess there will be other questions but that's a good starting point so if you chaps could assist me that will be perfect!!

Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi Guys,
Im in the market for a GTR. Currently driving a B7 RS4 but am in love with the GTR so decided to start the hunt for one.

Now I know a little about the GTR but would really appreciate it if you guys could help me on a few questions....So here goes

2, Looking for a Gun Metal Grey model without the seats with the red sides....what's this version called as only found one so far without the red seats
3, what's the difference (apart from the servicing schedules) between a 2010 & 2010 GTR and with the 2009/10 cars are these any less reliable than the later 2011 onwards cars

I guess there will be other questions but that's a good starting point so if you chaps could assist me that will be perfect!!

Cheers:thumbsup:
Search function is your friend! :thumbsup:

1, late 2010, early 2011
2, Premium edition!
3, 2011 onward are facelift cars with daylight running lights and a slight improvement in engine output, very little difference in reality, especially if you plan to mod it!
4, Down to personal preference, but at least 2012/13 gearbox software upgrade.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search function is your friend! :thumbsup:

1, late 2010, early 2011
2, Premium edition!
3, 2011 onward are facelift cars with daylight running lights and a slight improvement in engine output, very little difference in reality, especially if you plan to mod it!
4, Down to personal preference, but at least 2012/13 gearbox software upgrade.
Hey bud
Thanks for the info.
Im actually glad you've said what you have to number 3 as yes I would want to mod it!!!!
Is the 12/13 gearbox upgrade something that can be done on an earlier 2009 /10 car?

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Hey bud
Thanks for the info.
Im actually glad you've said what you have to number 3 as yes I would want to mod it!!!!
Is the 12/13 gearbox upgrade something that can be done on an earlier 2009 /10 car?

Thanks again
Yes, the 12/13 gearbox software can be retrofitted to any model

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the 12/13 gearbox software can be retrofitted to any model
Excellent,
What sort of cost is this and I assume Litchfield do this? Are they the main tuner / servicing place in the south? Im in Surrey so no shakes to whizz down to Gloucester:thumbsup:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome :thumbsup:

3) To add, the main difference between 2009/09 and 2009/59 models is that the 59 models have sat nav and iPod / USB connectivity, whereas the 09 models do not. If you have a budget of £45 you won't be looking at 2009/09 cars anyway and £45 will get you a 2010 model.

4) There weren't any factory options at all which keeps things simple, and the only dealer fit options were things like a tracker and parking sensors. The parking sensors are pretty useless anyway so don't be put off by a car that doesn't have them - it's easy to get them fitted - and you can fit reversing cameras too.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Excellent,
What sort of cost is this and I assume Litchfield do this? Are they the main tuner / servicing place in the south? Im in Surrey so no shakes to whizz down to Gloucester:thumbsup:
Yes Litchfield can do this or sky at kizer round the m25 somewhere.
Think it's about £250, but you'll have to confirm that.
Look on here for the ecutek v4 thread to see what else can be done.

My10 is where the changes are (12 in the vin).

Search is your friend.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Search is your friend.
I disagree actually - the biggest jumps are between the 2010 and 2011 models, and also between 09 non-nav cars and 59 satnav cars. The differences between a 59 satnav car (10 VIN) and a 2010 car (12 VIN) are fairly insignificant.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes Litchfield can do this or sky at kizer round the m25 somewhere.
Think it's about £250, but you'll have to confirm that.
Look on here for the ecutek v4 thread to see what else can be done.

Search is your friend.
I'm in Surrey and Take mine to Sly for servicing.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I would call iain Litchfield and he can run you through servicing and modification options and he maybe able to help you get the car you want...and provide a warranty that covers the mods

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
1. Easily MY10 money. Probably a well cared for low mileage one with some choice mods included. Maybe just scrape a later MY11 model.
2. Premium edition (i think). Red trim was black edition. Comes with black headliner too.
3.2011 models (face lifted) we're where the big jump in improvement was. Carbon bits inside, DRLs, better suspension, hike in power, better launch control, new wheels + longer service intervals. My10 and later '59 models have iPod connectivity and a better resolution screen + nav.
4. No real must have options as it was pretty much all in to start with. I went with tracker and parking sensors but tbh in hindsight seems like a waste of money

HTH :thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1. Easily MY10 money. Probably a well cared for low mileage one with some choice mods included. Maybe just scrape a later MY11 model.
2. Premium edition (i think). Red trim was black edition. Comes with black headliner too.
3.2011 models (face lifted) we're where the big jump in improvement was. Carbon bits inside, DRLs, better suspension, hike in power, better launch control, new wheels + longer service intervals. My10 and later '59 models have iPod connectivity and a better resolution screen + nav.
4. No real must have options as it was pretty much all in to start with. I went with tracker and parking sensors but tbh in hindsight seems like a waste of money

HTH :thumbsup:

Hi bud
Thanks for yours and all the other replies....Has helped me no end:clap:

I will continue the search but have found this one, albeit in Carlisle!!

Anyone know the car? Only downside Its an 09 so I wouldn't get the SatNav & Ipod connectivity?:nervous::nervous:

Cant post link but its on PH @ £38,994 David Hayton Prestige Cars

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
A 2010 is the sweet spot and not much more than that car

Think iain Litchfield has a nice 2010 arriving soon with great spec

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A 2010 is the sweet spot and not much more than that car

Think iain Litchfield has a nice 2010 arriving soon with great spec