GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

This is my first post on here although I have been visiting this site for quite some time. Great informative threads and the ‘Projects’ area is just fantastic!
I have been looking to buy a new GT-R for a few months but we have just had twins !
My dilemma... Getting two rear facing baby seats in the back with two adults in the front... can it be done? I am only 5ft 7 and my wife is shorter, about 5,5.
I have trawled through all the previous posts on baby seats but none have details for twins, I have even searched various other forums but I have had no luck finding any info.
My current car is probably the most ideal car for my situation, an E60 M5. I have had this for 3 years now and I have always wanted to buy a GT-R all the way back to the R34 but I need to reassure myself and my wife that it can be done with twins.
Has anyone done this?
Thanks in advance.. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome, I've just joined up myself. I've an idea you could wrap the twins up in bubble wrap and put them in the boot ;)

Neil

·
Registered
465 Posts
We regularly go out at weekends with my 9 month old sitting in a rear facing seat behind me (I'm 6'4'') and my 2 year and 10 month old son in a forward facing seat behind my wife. We all fit fine as does pram and baby crap plus hydraulic jack and various other bits in the boot.

Welcome btw.

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
Welcome, I've just joined up myself. I've an idea you could wrap the twins up in bubble wrap and put them in the boot ;)

Neil
Thats not a nice thing to say, how would you like to missing all the action being locked away in the boot... Not fair on the kiddies they like to see the gtr do it's magic....lol, that aside you should be easly able to fit two baby seats in the rear it ain't that small, my lads 5ft8 and 16 stone-ish and fits in the back because when I went to buy the car he came with me and the three of us got in the car, the seller me and my lad that is, so go for it take your baby seats with ya and try before you buy And welcome on board buddy:wavey:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We regularly go out at weekends with my 9 month old sitting in a rear facing seat behind me (I'm 6'4'') and my 2 year and 10 month old son in a forward facing seat behind my wife. We all fit fine as does pram and baby crap plus hydraulic jack and various other bits in the boot.

Welcome btw.

Thanks for all the replies guys !

What make and model of rear facing have you got? If you can get one in behind you Im sure I can get 2 in mine.
One of my mates suggested last night as a last resort I could put one seat in the front and the other in the back behind the passenger seat with the wife also in the back behind me. That did not go down well with the misses, especially when I agreed ! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts