GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well back in September I finally succeeded in achieving my long term goal to own a 33, and after breaking the gearbox over Christmas it was time to start spending on my pride and joy. I don't really use it in the winter weather but I couldn't stand knowing she was immobile so I booked her in at MGT for some love.

What an awesome day - Despite the AA man delivering the car nearly 3 hours late Mark and Garth did an epic job of swapping my gearbox over, and were very patient with me getting in the way and being nosey, it was great to be able to watch them working on my car as it gave me a chance to learn a bit, give her a wipe over underneath and ask stupid questions.

After a seriously speedy gearbox swap it was time to hit the dyno and have a misfire that I have been getting on high boost looked at.... Awesome job done there... See my dodgy camera work below(if I can get this to work):
http://youtu.be/z0KwVbD6UOU

In the space of an afternoon the car had a gearbox swap, misfire sorted and gained 47whp!! The drive home was brilliant:smokin:
Massive thanks to Mark and Garth at MGT for sorting the car, answering my questions and fuelling me with coffee all day, top job.

I'm really happy with the power, the car still scares me, but there's something about the dyno that makes me want to stick some more goodies on and have another go!

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's a serious dyno pull, nice one.
I'll stick a vote in for MGT too, they stayed until 7.30 one night to make sure my car was drivable home. Nothing wrong with their dedication, and I'll be booking in soon again as a result.

·
Registered
518 Posts
As I have said before , im so glad you are still loving and looking after my old 33. MGT will look after you guys now : )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers chaps. I was buzzing at the end of the Dyno. Just can't wait for the weather to pick up now so I can have a play....

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Glad to see your enjoying the 33,if your using standard 5 speed boxes,you will go a few I'm afraid.(I've been through 4 in 5years).

Running that power on a big single you should look at the getrac 6 speed as I have,I believe they are a bit stronger (although I do need the syncro's looking at in mine,but it has had a hard life the last couple of years).

Get it on track and enjoy yourself,you will soon get used to the power and want more:chuckle:

This is Paul who gave a run round on a wet silverstone before Christmas.

Cheers Paul.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul - that was one hell of a ride!! I would like to try the 6 speed in mine, but I need to save for brakes and silencers so I can get on track and have a crack at those one handed 90mph power slides you were doing! Lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just watched the vid.
You really were buzzing at the end of the dyno lol.
Have only good things to say about MGT.
Really nice guys to deal with and their work is top notch.
I wouldn't go anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Very nice mate, serious power, I'm just down the road so we'll have to have a meet up when it's a bit nicer outside...

Regards rich

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice to meet you the other day mate, Very very clean 33! Mgt is the place to be:cool:
Cheers wayne. Let me know next time you're running your car at pod and I'll try and get down.

Cheers everyone for the positive comments.... still waiting for a dry half hour so I can go play.... damn weather!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts