GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at knockhill today with the skyline and corsa.....

Skyline survived
Corsa didnt...

Corsa lasted about 10 easy laps... came in feeling fine then just spluttered to a rough sounding stop in the pits. Trying to start it again wasnt healthy either. Sounds like a knocking from the top end so possibly valve train related. At worst the bottom end spat its dummy.

Skyline was on std brakes (ish), std suspension, road tyres so was taking it pretty easy. Was good. Fitted R32Combat's TSC the day before and tested it out today. :eek: It works really well :) 0 = twitchy wiggly bum. 6 = understeery. 3-4 just right :D

some pics (Quantum Capture - Lifestyle Photography)

Fee driving

Me driving

and some vids (in corsa, but some shots of passing/passed by skyline)

DivX 5.2.1

Corsa Knockhill 1 - Google Video

Corsa Knockhill 2 - Google Video

Corsa Knockhill 3 - Google Video

hairpin at knockhill - Google Video

oooof not so good corsa - Google Video

oh.... and saw a nice 34 GTR there too, not on track though

and a wee vid of my mate trying to get his helmet off :chuckle:

benny hill in my corsa - Google Video

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Nice pics Adam.
Do you have an extended sump ?
cheers cokey

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
Well done mate.

Good old Benny Hill...

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sump is standard..... but i really dont think i'd be exterting that much lateral G's with std suspension and mediocre road tyres :) Oil was filled up past Max mark on dipstick as a precaution.

I have 9" wheels, and slicks waiting in the garage for it.... BUT going to baffle the sump and sort out the suspension and brakes before fitting them :)

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
sump is standard..... but i really dont think i'd be exterting that much lateral G's with std suspension and mediocre road tyres :) Oil was filled up past Max mark on dipstick as a precaution.

I have 9" wheels, and slicks waiting in the garage for it.... BUT going to baffle the sump and sort out the suspension and brakes before fitting them :)

9" wheels Holy crap,they must be off a pram!:D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
ah hell, those smoked turn lights are really the bees knees on gunmetal. I'm going to have to get a set...

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Was as quick as the M3 CSL, quicker than M3 cab, RX8, 944..... most evo's were just humping me on the corners though.... and a fair few up the straights
your time will come:)
How did you find the car with such a low spec? Easy to drive? Once you have the suspension and tyres to generate decent grip and the brakes to stop so much weight you will one of the fastest cars on the track.
Seems like you have found the right setting for the TSC....for the dry. Wait for the wet:chuckle:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup... it was quite entertaining on 0 :) but i'm not in it to go sideways :)

The car felt quick enough on the straights.... just lacking a bit of grip on corners. After a few hot laps the tyres were just pish! It was still fairly easy to drive.... and i now know what the HICAS feeling is like. Quite a few times i thought it was breaking loose at the back.... but it never did it.... just kinda crabbed a wee bit.

Lots of potential to come, but was good to get a run out in it as standard. Makes you appreciate the changes more i think :)

Sent you a mail this morning, let me know if its the right one :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I remember those days, of standard brakes, suspension and horsepower - that had to changed in a big time hurry!:chuckle:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Good to see you had a sucessful day.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts