GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some pic's of the car with the mines carbon grill and Auto Select little canards

gary at japsalon should have the new splitter painted soon....

hope u like

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stillen one, I like carbon but i don't want to much (I might change my mine on that one) its being painted the lower colour K11 smoke

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i too love them. simple, not too agressive but still very mean.

im not to happy with the stillen lip, but its affordable and does a bit better than the stock lip. the stillen lip looks better with the stillen canards tho, hope it works well on your nice setup. and looks are a matter of opinion, this just happens to be only my opinion ;) not trying to dog ya for your choice, its very reasonable!

btw what color will the front splitter be painted?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K11 smoke witch is the lower grey colour... ie understated look, I hope

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I'm not normally a fan of canards, but those look OEM! Any idea if they actually improve front downforce? And is it at the expense of much drag?

I was toying with the idea of a carbon grill, but ideally I would want one that retains a factory look chrome strip to delineate the grill from the bumper. I don't like chrome, but I think the factory strip does do a good job in splitting the two parts.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
if you look the mines one has a ridge most carbon grills don't, this adds definition to the grill shape. it might not be picked up in the photo's but you see it on the car

that's why I went for it :)

I hope the splitter doesn't ruin it

Thanks to matty/miguel for sorcing the canards...

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the canards are simular to the next revision of the gtr so they don't do much but they are in the right place

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
i thought they were from the revised bumper at first
however,i think you could place the nismo sticker somewhere better than that,IMO look's a bit tatty there...

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think you could place the nismo sticker somewhere better than that,IMO look's a bit tatty there...
posting pic's up of your own car is like saying "do you think my wife is attractive? :)

look I must have thought about the nismo sticker placement for at least 2 mins, copied where Nismo put it on their 350z

R

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
if you look the mines one has a ridge most carbon grills don't, this adds definition to the grill shape. it might not be picked up in the photo's but you see it on the car

that's why I went for it :)

I hope the splitter doesn't ruin it

Thanks to matty/miguel for sorcing the carards...
The ridge is about halfway down the grill isn't it? Yes it does make it look more eye-catching than if it was just the stock grill reproduced in carbon.
If only Mine's wasn't so damn expensive...

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
posting pic's up of your own car is like saying "do you think my wife is attractive? :)

look I must have thought about the nismo sticker placement for at least 2 mins, copied where Nismo put it on their 350z

R
Do you have any Nismo parts on the car? (Not counting the stickers...;) )

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Do you have any Nismo parts on the car? (Not counting the stickers... )
yes the sticker is genuine, not a ebay crap

I do on the R33 GTR..... at least 3 parts

hey its the only parts supplier sticker i have, I have visited them if that counts. HKS, Cobb, Boost logic, mines, amuse, do luck etc i could put on

i'm supporting the race team :)

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
took Perfect Touch about 2 hours to get the bumper off and the bits on again

1 - 20 of 32 Posts