GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title, I ordered these from Newera ages ago, but never had the time to fit, plus when i decided to do it, one unit didnt work, so contacted Miguel, and he gladly said, send it back and we will replace it free of charge. BUt i am too lazy so i never did, and i wanted to see if i could fix it..
After opening the faulty unit, it was only one bulb that was broken, so i replaced with spare, and then it still didnt work, and after taking it all apart i desovered that the people who made it inserted 3 bulbs the wrong way , so i did it right, and bobs your uncle.. all working..

(just thought i would add that as i know newera has had some bad publicity lately, and i never had any problems with their service and i would recommend them too anyone)

So i started yesterday afternoon... and my 13 year old son ended up finishing it for me as i had to look after the baby as the wife went to work...

So if anyone is scared of doing this themselves, if my 13 year old son can do it... You can too... :)

right.. pics then... you all should know what they used to look like, but i have posted both.. as i am still undecided on which i prefer... so comments would be nice...(and suggestions)

OLD

Half way through.. and new unit in..

new vs old swithched ON... (excuse the dodgy shaking arm - had baby in other hand)

And old vs new switched off (stupid photobucket reduced it too much)

So what do u think??

·
Registered
324 Posts
They are nice though if im honest i prefer the standard ones as they are a bit more discreet. I think the others are trying too hard.
Thats just my opinion though, its your car so if you like them thats all that matters!
Car is very nice btw!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Must admit I prefer the originals, cannot get Saxos out of my mind.

Too fancy, I prefer the standard afterburners but its not my car, but you will probably not like mine, thats what customising is all about, owners personal likes and tastes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i must admit, the led 's on mine are very big compared to the 34 ones like for example on the z tune and dino's etc... so i was taken aback by it... i will keep thee on and see how i like them, and just put old ones back if i dont...
(i do love the afterburners though... make me feel like F14 fighter pilot... :))

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pierre, That's looks nice, But man, Tint them. So they match with the car, then when the led's light upp it will look even nicer ;) Keep moding man. And i will see next year. That's a promise that i'm keeping! :)

Cheers!
Dennis

·
6,821 Posts
Gives the car a more new touch . . . but the traditional rings are still nice.
I would change them every month for the fun . . .:p

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
does it still have that so called 'lexus style' thing around them? if so, they are gay, if its the stock black surrounding, its great:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sunline Racing make gorgeous R32 LED tailights but they are expensive.

Yours look ok but i'd rather save the extra and buy Sunline ones :)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I like them lots but prefer the originals. Just a shame the originals have the dark areas at 12 & 6 o'clock.

does it still have that so called 'lexus style' thing around them? if so, they are gay, if its the stock black surrounding, its great
If it was the mirror surround it would be totally aweful, but as you can see it's the body colour.

Now, R33 rear lenses are a thing of beauty!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts