GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a little problem fitting these to me car at the moment, ive taken the return pipe of my existing turbos and they dont bolt onto the 2860-5's? the screw location holes on the new turbos are a little narrower that the stock turbos.
I'm pressuming other people have experianced this problem, what did you do to get round it? I'm thinking of cutting a slot into the metal flange of the oil return to allow the bolts to locate into the 2860 turbos?

Any suggestions would be very helpfull.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We usually elongate the hole if it poses as a problem. Hasnt as yet when we fit them but another customer mentioned that they were going to be tight.

·
Registered
242 Posts
should have bought genuine HKS GT2530's LOL :) ha ha ha nah, just kidding! file out the holes so that they line up (just do both sides evenly).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil and water lines

Yep I ended up slotting the holes on the miller at work.

Was busy fitting the turbos yesterday when I discovered a leak from one of the water pipe that connects to the rear turbo. I think it must have happened when I was moving the pipes around to get them out of the way when removing the turbos. I'm thinking of replacing these hard pipes with flexi braided stainless steel hoses, has anyone else had to do this with turbos that locate in the stock position? Can’t really understand why Nissan would have used hard pipes in the first place, surely it would have been easier to use flexi hosing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts