GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rite fingers crossed my new fmic should be here tomoro so i am going to attempt to fit it to my 1993 hcr32. is there anythin i need to do apart from cut away the front crash bar ?? or any tips to help me get it on nice and easy?? im also putting on a new bumper aswell but i know how to do that hehe. thanks guys.
Deano.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
From memory, doesnt the R32 have a hydraulic retracting diffuser at the front behind the bumper? You may find it gets in your way a bit. Not 100% sure, as i dont have a 32.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a say what now??? lol!

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Like i say, i'm not 100% sure, i just seem to remember some sort of hydraulic spoiler, maybe active at certain speed?( cant remember) but it may interfere with an aftermarket bumper. Need a reply from a 32 owner really to confirm.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o rite. well i had me bumper of before and had the new 1 on there and didnt see anythin like that :s lets see if any 1 can help tomoro lol! o well im off to bed got loads to do to the car tomoro a full on clean :p etc see you at the bbq :D it starts around 12 doesnt it?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
BBQ starts around 4-ish, but i will be there from about 1.30.
People are more than welcome to turn up when they like, but officially about 2-ish

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok kool will see you then paul. rite you other lot do you have any advice for me?? :D

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
I've got an R32 GTR and havent noticed any hydraulic gizmo's. According to the workshop manual, to remove the intercooler, you only need to remove bumper and bumper support. The intercooler should then be free to come out after removing a couple of bolts. You can get a free copy of the manual either on here or SOC IIRC.

TT

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not even turned up yet lol so looks like it wont be getting fitted today :( plus its raining loads!! and im goin on hol on monday lol was looking forward to getting it done today!

·
Banned
35 Posts
paul creed said:
From memory, doesnt the R32 have a hydraulic retracting diffuser at the front behind the bumper? You may find it gets in your way a bit. Not 100% sure, as i dont have a 32.
Your talking about the MKIV Supra TT that has a speed retractable front splitter.

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Just looking through my owners manual and it does look like some models (GXi,GTE,GTS) had an option called a 'GT Spoiler!'. Seems it has 3 positions and an auto mode which makes it deploy over 70kph. Learn something new every day, mind you, only got the manual yesterday :squintdan .

TT

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
White_R32 said:
Your talking about the MKIV Supra TT that has a speed retractable front splitter.
No, definately a 32, as i've seen it on a friends model R32 GTST. As Tarmac Terror has just stated above, some models had a hydraulic front splitter that cut in a certain speeds

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup very helpfull! but i dont have 1 have had a good look lol well my fmic come this morning but not got time to fit it as im off to a place in the sun at 12! lol so ill pick this up when i get home. cheers guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts