GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey chaps prob a really obvious one for you lot but how do you fit a gurney wing? It's obviously under some serious stresses with wind passing over it so just want to make sure it's secure?

Cheers
Ant

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a carbon one second hand purchase.

I'm guessing itd super sticky bonding tape or some string sealant

·
Registered
396 Posts
When I had mine it was fixed with 4 small screws spaced across the bottom / underside. Where it hooks over the top of your spoiler i fixed it with a length of that strong double sided sticky foam stuff. Never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah ok yeah I was wondering whether to do that or not with some small screws for extra grip. It's just that it's carbon fibre so I'm concerned it would crack possibly.
Cheers sounds good tho :)
When I had mine it was fixed with 4 small screws spaced across the bottom / underside. Where it hooks over the top of your spoiler i fixed it with a length of that strong double sided sticky foam stuff. Never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought the R32 already have too much downforce at the back? more should be added to the front.......but it does look good though!
Probably.. But I do like the look and fancied a change as it's been sat standard looking for too long for me now lol.
It'll prob break off anyway if enough downforce hits it

I've also got Canards and a small splitter for the front

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I thought the R32 already have too much downforce at the back? more should be added to the front.......but it does look good though!
It needs a front undertray to reduce lift at the front according to one of the GT-R publications. The rear wing already has an adequate gurney flap built into it.

3M VHB body tape should stick it if its flat surface to flat surface. If it needs a bit of space filling then the Sikaflex would probably be better but its going to be horrible to get off in the future.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah gonna be sourcing a front undertray again as mine is missing. Also got some Canards to go on.

Got some 3m stuff to stick it.. we tested it and it seems quite flush overall.

It needs a front undertray to reduce lift at the front according to one of the GT-R publications. The rear wing already has an adequate gurney flap built into it.

3M VHB body tape should stick it if its flat surface to flat surface. If it needs a bit of space filling then the Sikaflex would probably be better but its going to be horrible to get off in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts