GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just got an ap race clutch for my gtr and i hope to get a colleague i work with to fit it.we both work for a vauxhall dealership so have access to the usual workshop facilities,but is there anything special he should know about before doing the job.thanks john

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
From memory,

it was just starter motor off from the front, exhaust off, gearstick off, prop shaft undone,then you are away, I did the job on mine with a couple of mates (who work for a Nissan garage) They reckoned it was one of the easiest clutch changes they'd ever done...

the gearbox,transfer box and clutch housing weigh a lot though so you will probably need a lift to get it off of the gearbox jack.

It took four of us to lift it back onto the car (you'll need to hold the prop shaft out of the way or remove it from the back as well as the front.

hope this helps..

Steve

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah,

My Mate did that one and it looked like he was delivering a calf !!
laying on the engine with his arms down feeling for the bastard...

he did it quickly enough though...

/Steve

·
Registered
212 Posts
he hee... my mate did mine as well.
but there was no way we could get to it from the top...not without removing the plenum and that anyway...had to access it from under the car...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clutch is now fitted,starter motor bolt took 1 1/2 hours to get off it was a good job i was being charged staff rates for labour(£109 inc.)car is now awesome to drive because i've only had it a month and the clutch was slipping when i got it ,hence i could only give it some welly in the last couple of days.:smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts