GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anybody is thinking of doing the above, this gives you some idea of what's involved....

Attachments

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IC.

Hi Alan,

It took me a day to do although, it's like all these things, once you've done it once, it would take less time next time, if there is a ever next time! It would also be easier if you had access to a ramp rather than laying on the ground... :(

I had already removed the bumper, etc. when I fitted an HKS oil cooler a few weeks prior to fitting the IC. The instructions for the oil cooler showed how to remove the all the gubbins with photos to help. Let me know if you want a copy. I can give it to you when you come along to the track day... ;)

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
instructions...

Hi Peter,

Are the instructions good ? I bought Guy's oil cooler from him and wouldn't mind having a look but I'll need to have a look before the track day so I can get it fitted.

Is the removal of the bumper as painful as it looks ??

Went to Abbey motorsport on Saturday was taken for a spin an a stage 1 tuned gtr it is definately the way forward ;)

Best regards
Steve

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Instructions.

Hi Steve,

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday... Apart from my son's second gig (watch out for a band called Tsunami in about 8 years time!), I had an appointment with two barrow loads of pug.

I'll show you what's involved this week sometime. It's all quite straight forward really. Lots of bolts holding the wheel arch liners and sump liner to the bumper/splitter.

I found fitting the sandwich plate a bit tricky but I do have the correct socket for it now if you want to borrow it.

I should add that I wouldn't have even attempted either of these tasks without the knowledge that Ian at Hiteq was at the end of the phone should I have needed his assistance, which I did.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Steve,

Guys Oil cooler is quite easy to fit but you will need to mark out and drill a few holes but they will be easy with the cooler in in place:)

I removed the cooler from guys car so if you have any problems feel free to mail me.

Many thanks

Richard

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Help..

Thanks Richard,

I am organising it so that I can do the operation in a garage that my mate works at I am also organising it so that I have 2 nissan mechanics to do the work on my behalf !!

So hopefully we'll be able to sort it out, if I get stuck I'll give you a shout, Thanks for your offer.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts