GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a full Milltek exhaust system and russ fellows DP's

Im going to fit the system at home, the car will then be driven to Litchfield a day or 2 after for a service and a remap. Unless anyone close enough to Leicester can remap it ....??

Car is currently a litchfield stage 4

Question is - Will the car be ok without a remap :confused:

Ive tried to look through various posts but that has not really answered my question.

Regards

·
Vendor
1,792 Posts
Can***8217;t see it been a problem if you do your best to drive off boost.

I would just use Litchfields as there map is fitted and they will understand what it***8217;s doing

more than most.

They have a good dyno setup and can check it on the road also and get a print out of the

bhp/torque/boost/afr

Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Good luck fitting the downpipes yourself. Do you have a lift as they are difficult to get at and it is tricky removing the O2 sensors which sometimes break. You will also be in a big pile of brown stuff if you snap a turbo stud as the engine needs to come out. I'd rather pay the Litchfield boys to change downpipes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck fitting the downpipes yourself. Do you have a lift as they are difficult to get at and it is tricky removing the O2 sensors which sometimes break. You will also be in a big pile of brown stuff if you snap a turbo stud as the engine needs to come out. I'd rather pay the Litchfield boys to change downpipes.
Thanks for the reply Barry, my only downside is the amount of time i can leave the car at Litchfield. I have zero days holiday left and will struggle with anymore time off as im stacked out at work! I know Litchfield should be able to do it in a day but if anything goes wrong and they need the car for more than 1 day im in the 5hit work wise! Might have to go back to the drawing board

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Thanks for the reply Barry, my only downside is the amount of time i can leave the car at Litchfield. I have zero days holiday left and will struggle with anymore time off as im stacked out at work! I know Litchfield should be able to do it in a day but if anything goes wrong and they need the car for more than 1 day im in the 5hit work wise! Might have to go back to the drawing board

Thanks
Litchfields will collect your car and deliver it back in their transporter if necessary. Why not drive it down and if there is a major problem and it has to be left for longer than a day get the train home, which I have done, Neil gave me a lift to Cheltenham station, and then when the work is finished get them to bring it back or collect it at a weekend.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Litchfields will collect your car and deliver it back in their transporter if necessary. Why not drive it down and if there is a major problem and it has to be left for longer than a day get the train home, which I have done, Neil gave me a lift to Cheltenham station, and then when the work is finished get them to bring it back or collect it at a weekend.
Good idea, thank you Barry. I think ill look into just fiiting the exhaust and let them to the DP's and then remap it along with the service :smokin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts