GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently ordered 3843S-RS520 Nismo 8kgfm diff rebuild kit to stiffen up the rear diff in my R32 GTR. I'd heard the kit was a drop in fit. However after fitting the kit it's about 1mm short of being under correct preload. So I could have two 0.5mm spacers machined, but it seems like a bit of a faff. Does anyone have any further info on fitting this kit? Am I missing something, or is it genuinely made to just fit the full NISMO differential, and is not in fact a drop in upgrade to the standard R200 diff?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I've got the 3843S-RS521 12kgfm kit which I believe has different plates to the 8kgfm kit. I've changed my final drive ratios so I used a GTS-4 diff housing/output shafts and CWP and replaced the original VLSD core with a R32 GT-R LSD core and that was rebuilt with the 12kgfm kit. Straight forward plate replacement. Think I used the shims from the GTS-4 diff but can't really remember.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I cant really help you, but I installed this same kit in my 33 recently. I could not make any sence of the measurements in the instructions since they were in japaneese, so I just installed them with the two shims included and installed.

Looks up well, great upgrade to the worn out stocks I had.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about to get on the case with this, but still have the original issue. In case I cannot get the correct spacers made up, does anyone know the part number for the standard R32 GTR rear diff plates? Or where you can get a standard rebuild kit from?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I need to fit it on my r200 but I m confused because there isn t like the oeml.

My questions is if I need to put the oem spacer or not and in which order I need to fit the different parts...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts