GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the fitting of tomei poncams type b 260/9,15mm require any work on the head or can i just run it stock without modifying it? except shims that i need to get new ones

·
Registered
99 Posts
How many people who have installed these themselves checked the valve clearance afterwards or had to replace shims?

I have a set of secondhand 'B's sitting here waiting to go in.. Getting conflicting reports wether it is actually worthwhile compared to stockers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you ask endless they say the poncams are waste of money, others say it is good.

Another question about these, some say that i dont even need to change shims at all but im not so sure as a few people said you must measure it and get new ones.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Depends what you are looking for I fitted them on the advice of Tweenie after telling him what I was loking for from my car. Told him I was looking for high 5 hundreds hp but still good driveability. He said type B poncams were the 1s to use. Ideal.
Ref shims. Can't really say as my head was off & had new ex. seats all new guides springs o/size valves & new greddy springs + seats re-cut so obviously had to re shim
Heard that you don't have to with these cams but only measuring will confirm.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The whole point of EASY/PON Cams is 'easy' drop-in. They have the same base circle size as OEM Camshafts and do not require shimming.... if you have a virgin/untouched Cylinder Head that is, although, you should always check clearances just to be certain.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Also, that is a horrible match....but that is just my humble opinion and I guess it ultimately depends on your particular application.

Are you worried about Overlap ? Reversion ? Idle characteristics ? There are better combinations to address any concerns you may have.

OR.....
Are you simply trying to mimic a Mine's setup using Tomei products ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.