GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other thread was in the wrong area...:repost:

Evening guys having a issue fitting my HEL braided brake lines. It's a 6 piece kit with 2 block connectors for the front.

Installed the rear, metal lines from the front - braided line directly to the caliper.

Looking at the front metal line to block looks ok bit the other line is nowhere near long enough to rear the calipers using the original routing.

Has anyone got a picture of how they've fit theirs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ran into the exact same issue recently on my R33 GTR. Turns out they sent me a GTST kit. If it doesn't look like it fits, odds are it's the wrong kit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Any chance you could get me a picture of what your kit looks like on the car? Like I say the back is metal pipe-braided-calipers but the single block on each side seems too short

Need helped guys, I'm not a complete
Mong but need conformation

·
Registered
86 Posts
the above pic is right, but it's a R34.

I think they designed the kit to fit R34, and assumed that it would be a direct fit to the R32 / R33, but there are differences in the brackets.

eg on a 32 the middle block can't bolt in as in the picture, you have to make your own brackets up.

same with the connection to the caliper hard pipe.

I have this kit also for a 32, and really it would have been better and cheaper to get the nismo lines. or new standard ones.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the above pic is right, but it's a R34.

I think they designed the kit to fit R34, and assumed that it would be a direct fit to the R32 / R33, but there are differences in the brackets.

eg on a 32 the middle block can't bolt in as in the picture, you have to make your own brackets up.

same with the connection to the caliper hard pipe.

I have this kit also for a 32, and really it would have been better and cheaper to get the nismo lines. or new standard ones.
Hi guys, never actually resolved this issue on my car. I'm going to get HEL to make me up 2x front lines with go directly from the hardline to the caliper. Has anyone got these on their r32 and if so how long because i haven't got time to measure today and would like to order asap.
Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread but did you manage to fit these in the end? having the same problem :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts