GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right... so

yes?

Where can i get a feed for 'IN' on the turbo side rather than taking it from the stock solenoid pipe (one with yellow band)

The Vaccum feed for the ECU unit - tee off from the manifold pressure sensor in the back left (looking in) of the engine bay?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

wasnt to bad fitting the Blitz SBC-iD either. An easy morning, most of which was just faffing round to get in at stuff, feed wires through gromits etc.

Need to look into shortening the 'IN' side of the unit. ATM i have it running from the stock solenoid position down round the front of the engine above the rad then back to the unit by the air filters. Seem to be getting spikes. For example i have ch4 set to 5 Gain, 55 ratio and it holds 0.98 bar perfectly when boosted from low revs, nicely. BUT when you hoof it in 3rd at 5krpm it peaks upto about 1.05+ before settling at 0.98.
Think shortening it will help.

Still need to work out all the functions but it's basicaly the same unit i had in the Supra and R33 Skyline.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
mine spikes also when cold from .83 to .88 bar sometimes a bit more & went to over 1. bar once :( ive mounted my solenoid in the car next to the glove box & I've used hard plastic pipe from the manifold instead of rubber right down the solenoid unit not 100% sure whats causing it ,might be a wastegate actuator a bit slow to react when cold :confused: its been alright all summer ,mines the same on idle -18

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've been told to fit the solenoid as close to the turbo as possible to shorten the lenght of the hose and thereby reduce boost spikes.

I think it's in the manual too. i have about 0.15m of hose before it connects to the solenoid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts