GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I start the flames, in fast driving yesterday I had an almighty bang and puff of smoke(while overtaking a cbr1000 full steam) but I would like to know how to predictably get flames.... :GrowUp:I know

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks Daniel..:bowdown1:

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you've got atmospheric dump valves then getting on boost and backing off suddenly/changing gear should do it!

Do you have a cat fitted?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But with the ECUTECK I am not sure what settings to put it on, to predictably get flames...

Dan...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ask Iain to adjust the overrun... That will mean after a good rev it will flame when you lift off once the exhaust is hot.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Will, I will ask Iain...

Super chuffed with my car by the way... I meant to msg you about it..

And as I said on my build thread your welcome to drive mine before you take the plunge..

The only thing is when I was at the ace cafe, they were all flaming out..
I was told the configuration but it didn't go in :( haha..

Dan...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Full decat GTR usually flashes a flame when letting off WOT. Regards the pops and bang maps two things - bore wash & EGTs

·
Registered
754 Posts
Full decat GTR usually flashes a flame when letting off WOT. Regards the pops and bang maps two things - bore wash & EGTs
No additional fuel is injected with the pops and bangs map so there's no bore wash and it's (deliberately) not extreme, so EGT's are acceptable.

Protegimus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts