GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if any of you have had this problem so will see

done a couple track days in the car and recently a sprint day but noticed a crack in centre of screen right at the top by mirror which after the recent sprint day has travelled down the screen and is over a foot long. anyway getting a new screen fitted Thursday so no biggy but is this a common fault with cars used on track?

im now thinking of fitting some braces to try reduce flex in the car anybody got any fitted? not really sure if it will solve the problem but certainly may help reduce some of the flex

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
guess im the unlucky bastad then lol

as seems no one else has had this prob

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Never seen that issue on a tracked R35 yet, I put over 8k track miles on between both of mine and never had any issues.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
My black one had 2 screens fitted in quick succession but was identified as being chips, they were similar to your discription.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The cracks would have started from a chip in the screen,
They are bonded in your car and are part of the strength of the whole structure,
All cars will flex under Presure , nothing to worry about, just a shame screen are so expensive,

Goldie

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did have a chip in the screen but nowhere near the crack and that part still is just a chip.

Not sure how much the screens are as getting it through insurance and they just send out auto glass but got 1k screen coverage with £75 excess
I've also had the same prob with 2 tracked pulsars where screens have cracked but no problem once cage was installed.

Think il buy a strut brace which hopefully will take out some of the stress

This seems to happen more on tighter circuits and sprints as opposed to larger circuits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts