GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has got it done?

Stick some pictures up so I can get a idea if how it looks and what you have got done

Thank you !!!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Do I'm guessing no one has had there interior flocked ?
I will be having mine done over winter I think. I might go for a fabric/leather option even though; I've yet to decide.

When it happens there will be pictures in my thread.

Eventually I'll have a spare dash if someone wants to use it for flocking and then an easy switch over.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Had it on a track car I had, I wouldn't do it again. There's a new material out that's like alcantara but wears better and is also a lot cheaper. I just had my wide body b5 audi dash done using it. I'll ask the trimmer the name of it and let you know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, i should mention that there's several types of alcantara depending on where it's being placed. Some are thinner for seats, etc and others thicker for dashes. You should also get it UV treated. Lambos and ferrari use alcantara regularly in their models.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Who has got it done?
I know its not to everyone's taste but I quite like the blue interior colour used in the Spec I and Spec II BCNR33's over the updated red of the later Spec III's, So I had the central dash panel of my GT-R flocked in blue....

Stick some pictures up so I can get a idea if how it looks and what you have got done
Here you go...

To me it breaks up the dullness of all the grey plastics but I'm biased here!:chuckle:

HTH!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dude really? Stop spamming the posts.
Hehe, I had to have at least 15 post on this forum to be able to include links in my post...
That's why.

Sorry for that, just ignore my "..."-posts :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
can someone define "flocking" to me? Im guessing its getting your interior pieces wrapped/reupholstered in alcantara or some other material. Guess I never new there was a name for it, excuse my ignorance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How durable is flocking? Id be worried about wear and tear but then again you probably wouldn't get this done on pieces you're constantly touching or rubbing against.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How durable is flocking? Id be worried about wear and tear but then again you probably wouldn't get this done on pieces you're constantly touching or rubbing against.

things like the front A pillers it has a vinyl on it with really really thin layer of like underlay on it, that would need to come off and taken back to the plastic and then flocked but when the flock does go on its think layer of it ( if I make sense hard to explain )

I happy with all the bits done

I don't think touching or rubbing is a problem tbh depends what your doing lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts