GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Don't know why they say strut brace :unsure: It's not, here's a better picture and as you can see it is designed for the boot.
Light Font Rectangle Screenshot Line

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Nice one Jim 👍 It seems like you can still purchase from nissan an original S15 one. I believe around £500.
Map Schematic Urban design Font Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have a question please!
so when I fit the Do-Luck cross bar, it has a nut in the centre. Once installed; do I tighten the nut so it extends the bar pushing out onto the B pillars, or do I tighten the nut, shortening the bar so it pulls the B pillars. ???! There doesn’t seem to be any instructions for this anywhere.
Thankyou in advance!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That’s a pain, still not too long now.
Do luck bar fitted in mine. When I tighten it so it pushes outward on the sills it lifts a bit, but I want to make sure this isn’t designed to put the sills in?
anybody know? @K66 SKY do you know?
Thanks
I've searched for info on the Do-Luck bar before (Push or pull) and couldn't find any.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

I have a question please!
so when I fit the Do-Luck cross bar, it has a nut in the centre. Once installed; do I tighten the nut so it extends the bar pushing out onto the B pillars, or do I tighten the nut, shortening the bar so it pulls the B pillars. ???! There doesn’t seem to be any instructions for this anywhere.
Thankyou in advance!
Apologies for the delay responding, I had no instructions with Mine either so I did Your first option Jim.

When I installed it, I loosely assembled all this Kit into the Car attaching both ends to their required Factory Seatbelt locations....Before then using the 36mm Central Threaded Sleeve/Nut to roughly adjust the Do Luck Brace into its optimal final position. I made sure the Vehicle was on flat level ground before threading this Central Threaded Sleeve/Nut out (thus pushing the Bars ends ever so slightly onto/out to the Skyline's Sills & B Pillars) and when minor resistance was achieved, I then used the other two Outer Nuts on this Central Threaded Sleeve to clamp the Do Luck Brace in place.

Next I fully tightened all of the OEM Sill Driver and Passenger Nissan Seatbelt hardware before slightly unlocking the two Outer Nuts on the Central Threaded Sleeve/Nut and checking the Flex/Resistance once more. Remember, Our Cars are made out of just 1mm thick Steel so You don't have to go mad distorting Floorpans and other Panels over tightening this Floor Brace!

Satisfied that nothing had significantly changed in its resistance when bolting in the outer parts of this Brace, I for the last time pinched up the Central Threaded Sleeve/Nut and then used the two Outer Nuts to lock the Central Threaded Sleeve in place for the final time. That was it then, Job done.

Its overall a simple enough job that I guess You can only do by trial and error feel, Not overly tight but not stupidly loose either....Look for the "Goldilocks" zone with a slight spring-like tension on the chunky Do Luck Floor Brace and You should be well happy with its Shell reinforcing results!

Let Us know how You get on mate? All the best Sean! :)

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thankyou! Yes that’s pretty much exactly what I’ve done. I’ve just got to use the car properly now to see what it does!
The one thing that I’m doubting is that I can get the centre of the bar and flex it up and down, so I’m wondering if it’ll flex rather than give much rigidity.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I've just ordered one for myself, Jimbo. I'll have to wait and see how long it takes from Do Luck (I bought it through RHD) - The chassis bars were actually fairly quick. 😊 I'm assuming it'll come with instructions, if so I'll upload them for you or translate the important bits. 👍

21 - 40 of 43 Posts