GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, should be a simple one (I'm new to rear wheel drive)

When accellerating (flooring it) in 1st or 2nd in a straight line, I loose the rear end (feels pretty weird!, & the guy at SVA said I had a suped up LSD!)
So why does it allways slip to the left, is this by design, or to do with weight distribution?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea, it's definatly been modded but having not driven a std GTS I don't know how far. Feels pretty boosty though ;]

Phil

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sliding left is more likely due to the camber of the road towards the drains (presuming you are driving on the left)...

Laters,
Pad

·
Registered
720 Posts
Jack the back of the car up, and turn one of the back wheels, if the other wheel turns the same direction you have a limited slip diff. If it doesn't the chances are its been played about with. If you get someone to hold the other wheel you can deterimine how viscous the diff is.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm no expert but I don't think it has anything to do with the LSD. Once both wheels are spinning the LSD isn't doing anything. The LSD limits the slip of a single free wheel.

It may just be a coincidence that it always slips to one side or it may be a result of the camber of the road. Try it a couple of times in a flat car park (both directions) and see if it always slips the same way.

Saying that though, I do remember an old car of mine always preferred to kick out going round left hand bends when I added the power.

Maybe some of the drifting guys will be more suited to answering this!

Paul

·
Registered
223 Posts
As the weather has been a bit wet recently, Ive had the rear slip out a bit, on both sides, but Id say, its mostly to the left, like someone said, proberbly due to the road camber.
But I thought this was just normal.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts