GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a ticket, put it in the windscreen. Made sure it was visible.

Closed door of car went to meeting. On return had a ticket. Didn't notice the wind had blown over the paid for ticket.

Ballcocks.:mad:

·
R35 Section manager
10,889 Posts
I now always check for this as a friend had this problem.

Send the ticket in and explain what happened.

*Make a copy of the ticket before you send it*

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Just phone them and argue the toss, saying you had the ticket and you can prove it as you still have the ticket!

This happened to me once and they dropped it :)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If you put up enough of a fight they always back down :)

they gave me a ticket because my ford F150 wasn't fully in a bay....... what the ticket should have read was "truck consumed whole bay and then some" I parked it right at the end out of the way as well.

that was a fun argument, they were telling me that the car wasn't fit for the road..... I pointed out it was a registered fully legal vehicle and that their bays were insufficient and not capable of providing parking space for all road legal vehicles and that parking at the very end was the considerate thing to do. ....

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
well done.:clap:
just had the same .
Christmas eve paid and displayed in town.(picking the wifes present up).
one month later get a parking ticket for £100 and two pictures of the car,
one entering the car park and one leaving. I had disposed of the ticket but challenged it anyway. the appeal was upheld as the machine I used
does not recognise private plates. I wonder how many people don't fight it and pay up for an easy life.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts