GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is specially for those who drives Honda. Don't u all think that VTEC is brilliant??

NA that have the capability to beat most TURBO aspirated cars in 400m DRAG.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Honda VTEC

I must have mis-typed the web address, I thought I was reading a Skyline GTR message board, or have we suddenly changed to a Honda Site????

Guy

·
Registered
905 Posts
ACTUALLY

I had a Honda Integra for a short period, that was Vtec and I hated it. Having to thrash it around to get the power....naaa

Prefer me Skyline anyday of any week.....period.:D

Si

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Huh...which turbo car can a VTEC Honda beat in 400m drag :confused: Oh I know, a NSX can beat those turbocharged 660cc micro car, barely :rolleyes:

Honda car is known to be weakest at the drag strip, they have very nice handling, I admit some fully modified Honda can keep up with GTRs on the circuit.

You are on the wrong forum buddy, people here are just going to make fun of you.

Jeff

·
Registered
961 Posts
CiscoNetwork

you dont work for honda do you ?:D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Cheap Tuning for VTEC owners

... to be as fast as a Skyline:

a) buy a towing rope at Halfords (or borrow one if you're Scottish... no offence Keith;) )

b) find a Skyline owner foolish enough to tow your VTEC...:D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It´s of course quite obvious that it´s bait. It was the guy´s birthday; must have thought "let's have some fun on the GTR board because head-to-head I'm nowhere....".;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry

Okay guys...i'm sorry, I started the tread just to catch "Godzillas" attention. I realise that i only drive a Honda. What is VTEC compared to you guys RB26DETT!

But anyway, VTEC is not slow ok. Seriously, my friend's Integra Type R with full Mugen plumbing able to win 600hp (dynoed) GT-R33 in 400m drag and this R33 driver is an experience driver!!!

Giving a second chance, the ITR won again and that's all the victory "we" achieved with GTRs. After that until now, we only smell all the turbo shit came out from GTRs' exhaust flames. Bastard.

p/s Somberg you r right 23rd May is my birthday

enuff said:smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Enough ? NO WAY !!

CiscoNetwork: that's very interesting. I'm very much interested in some solid proof of the first runs. Can you make that happen ?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
New Civic Type R

My son took one out sometime ago, and I tagged along, for a test drive (had to sit in the back :( ) and what a superb car. OK its a different car totally to the Skyline but in its own class is hard to beat.

glen

ps. who's gonna be the first one to say "where was this 600bhp Skyline dyno'd then" :D ;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Glen, what can I say. I don't have experience with the CTR myself. However, on the Nurburgring they are slower than the Clio RS. I have experience with the Clio RS and I can only say that I favour my GT-R. But then again, that's on a circuit and not on the street. The CTR does seem to catch a lot of attention though to say the least.
I will check the laptimes again this weekend, do remind me please if I don't come back on that. Anyone can check the laptimes btw on www.wige.de/vln .

Andre.

PS re. dyno: you are, aren't you ?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
hmmmm

I'd not be so fast to judge folks.

If you look at my site in the movies section, you'll see me sandwiched in a race at Bedford Autodrome between two white Integra Type R's and I'll say it wasn't until I got onto the straights that I was able to pull away from them. This is a 400BHP v 200BHP contest, I tip my hat at them.

Cem

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Agreed Cem. Should be like for like. Most of our skylines are modded. Try std CTR vs std GTR. As for Somberg, your car is hardly standard is it. Now if it was CTR with a touring car spec, that would be fairer:smokin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.