GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Skyline R34 V-spec in the UK

I've tried Autotrader, Carsource, Autobytel, Nissan's own website.

Can I find one ? Nope :(

(Well, I can, but they're all in WHITE - what's with that?)

So, if you guys know of where I can get hold of a blue or purple R34 let me know.. Cash is waiting.

·
Registered
547 Posts
R34

Shin on this board has some / can get hold of them.

Or get a white one at a knock down price and respray it :)

Cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
r34 v spec

if you were interested in a uk spec, middlehurst recently had a yellow one, but premium priced because its had loads done cosmetically (though not much by way of tuning). they might still have it -it looks awesome
sammy

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I want a V-spec because I'd always wonder "what if" I didn't have one.. also, I suspect the dealers would breathe in sharply when I come to part-ex it giving me some b.s. about how "if only it was a V-spec" yadda yadda.

I'm hot on the trail of a nice V-spec at the moment, so I may be joining your ranks soon.

Ta lads.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Try Shin

Hi there,

As Joss said you should give Shin at ProSpec a call. He has a great connection to dealers over here and can get you some mean machines tuned by Mines or just standard cars....your decision!!!

Go fo V-Spec.;)

·
Banned
349 Posts
I have to say that the boneshaking abissmal ride of either a 33 v-spec or 34 is part of the privilage of owning the best car in the world and anyone who seeks to marginalize the handling by fitting softer shocks deserves to be sentenced to driving a mondeo for life.

Anyway, If you've ever cruised at high speed on smooth road's say, in France or Germany or pushed a v-spec on the track you will soon realise that the hard ride around town is a pitiful price to pay when you can out handel almost any car except single seater's and the odd well driven caterham. (Evo's and Scooby's can forget it).

I rest my case!

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Ride

I agree Jamie
My 33Vspec has been lowered and the ride is a bit shakey but wooooooow does it handle even shows some bikes the way to go around certain bends (The ones I know)
So who cares if the rides a bit boneshaking you can always get a booster cushion to sit on to pad out your backside.
My previous car (Mitsi GTO) had full Bilstein race suspension and that did not smooth out untill you got onto a Mway or a track.
But hey that is what it is all about

Best regards:cool:

·
Banned
349 Posts
I'm glad all you guys agree, after all we can't have the register going all soft on us now!

It's simple really - If you want a guarantee in life you buy a toaster. - If you want to hate anyone then Ken Livingstone is a safe bet.....

and if you want to piss on Tosser's who's engines are in the wrong place (and yes I am refering to Porche dreamers) or for that matter anyone this side of an Maclaren F1 THEN BUY A SKYLINE AND MAKE SURE ITS A V-SPEC!!!

quiz:

Why are the grab handels in a Skyline called the FM'S?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jamie m said:
and if you want to piss on Tosser's who's engines are in the wrong place (and yes I am refering to Porche dreamers) or for that matter anyone this side of an Maclaren F1 THEN BUY A SKYLINE AND MAKE SURE ITS A V-SPEC!!!

Aww. don't go ragging on other cars, you guys are above that surely ?

I'm fairly sure my Lotus Exige (340 bhp/tonne 0-60 in sub 4) could spank a Skyline.

Still, that won't stop me adding a GTR to my collection as a daily runabout :D

·
Banned
349 Posts
Sorry for any offense, just a bit of fun.

Is it true that Lotus stands for "LOADS OF TROUBLE USUALLY SERIOUS"?

OR IS IT JUST A MYTH?

I take your point about the 0-60 stuff and would like to point out that a well tuned Skyline with similar BHP/ Tonne to your car was officially timed by Performance car at 3.6 sec's for the dash and 8.2 to 100.

I feel the main difference between the Lotus and the GTR is:

The Lotus would be slower in the wet but the GTR would acheive similar results.

The GTR would storm way past the lotus's top speed.

and... If you lost the Lotus at over 120MPH say into Oversteer the chances of catching it would be slim to nil, However in the Skyline you'd be able to talk about the wonderful experience on this web site!

I'm glad to see your adding a GTR to your repertoire though, the experience will be a bit like upgrading a wine from Blue Nun to Pouilly Fume!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
jamie m said:
Is it true that Lotus stands for "LOADS OF TROUBLE USUALLY SERIOUS"?
hehe, old myths die hard.. I think Lotus cars generally suffer from having trim falling off etc, but since they're using the Rover K-series nowadays the cars are pretty solid mechanically.

However, my Edsel on the other hand (Every Day Springs Extra Leaks) is appropriate ! :)

The Lotus would be slower in the wet but the GTR would acheive similar results
No arguments there !

The GTR would storm way past the lotus's top speed.
Not so sure there.. sure enough, a boggo Exige would top-out at 140 or so, however with 50% more power and a 6-speed box, I don't know what mine tops out at.. Besides, at most tracks 130-140 is pretty much as fast as you can to get to before slamming the anchors on again (and with half the weight, there's less momentum to lose)

If you lost the Lotus at over 120MPH say into Oversteer the chances of catching it would be slim to nil
Not so.. The Exige has lots of positive downforce / groundeffect. (some 65kg of rear downforce and 40kg of front downforce at 100mph - quite a lot for a light car) This keeps the car well planted.

At my last track day at Donington, I was going through the Craner Curves at around 115mph, had brain-fade and turned in too sharp, the back stepped out, but was caught easily due to the kart like handling and it's direct communication. No drama. (and I can't drive for toffee). At that track day, a Skyline owner commented how the Exige could carry far more speed through a bend than his car could (could be down to driver)

I don't want to get into a car X is better than car Y argument, leave that for the Impreza BBS.

·
Banned
349 Posts
To level with you I have driven an Exige and thought that it was a well sorted motor car. I suppose it all comes down to personal taste.

I've driven most machinery and exotica from 355's to 550's to GT40's and onto Scooby's and Porches, TVR's ect, and I can only say that for me the Skyline Pound for Pound just delivers something extra that I have not experienced in any other road car.

Sure, on a Hot summers day I'd opt for a 355 Spyder, but only for the pose facter and noise. In the Snow I'd opt for a Range Rover.

In the real world where most people can only afford one good car I believe the Skyline is the best all round performance car in the world.

Nuff said!!

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
V-Spec vs normal GTR

Guy

I would have to agree totally on you point. It all depends on the area you live and what roads are like. Over here in Japan roads tend to be very well kept 80% of the time, but the other 20 is a bit of a nightmare. The biggest problem over here is the road deformation that occurs from the rather heavy truck traffinc on normal roads. This causes "tracks" to develop which on places pull you all over the place.
To give you another example roads in Italy would be a nightmare with a V-Spec....loads of potholes and unfinished road works....

Its all subjective.....

By the way Guy, how is your ne R34???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts