(UK car)
1998 R-reg
Colour Blue/purple
Number 49 out of 100
Estimated 350bhp
One of very few R33s with Recaro leather sports seats
74,000 miles
Middlehurst supplied
Full middlehurst service history (comprehensive and upto date)
2 owners since new
17 inch alloys
Tracker system
Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser (full closure)
Electric windows and mirrors
New stainless steel exhaust
Airbags
Power assisted steering
Air conditioning
Kenwood head unit and 6 disc multichanger
6 Months MOT
6 Months Tax
Genuine reason for sale

£18995 - no offers
Mobile number 07766 652200
e-mail [email protected]

Please e-mail me for pictures

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
lOOKS...

..in good condition, although I think even though its a UK car I'd consider offers due to mileage. Anyway good luck with the sale.

..Ian

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
You're not going to see a good UK R33 for under £23k.
With a rebuild it would total just under £23k, so it's certainly not a bad price :)
You won't see many around in this condition.

-Elliot

·
Registered
346 Posts
To be honest I`m not bothered about UK or Import, I know the UK ones have more coolers (Oil,diff etc...) but most imports will have these added on anyway.

Also an import for £18000 will have alot more mods which will ultimatly save money!

The car is a very nice example though!

Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Steve

what are you talking about?
Give me one good reason why this car would need a re build??
It is a uk car, has had the coolers from day one so it has never run oil too hot...unlike many imports which you have no idea on histroy, boost ect and high oil temps.
UK cars are well sort after as they have been set up on our fuel and have the right chip since day one.
Expect this car to see well into 150k miles if kept properly.
Abbey have cars that have run 150k on 500 bhp...no rebuild.
Also all UK cars are VSPECS and this is where the common mistake is. the vspec was a better and more expesnive car as std and many imports are sold as Vs when they are std GTRs....don't make the mistake that many have.
Furthermore you not only get the OIL cooler but the diff and gearbox coolers, plus the UK pack. I think the whole package cost Nissan and middlehurst about 10k to make a uk car.
Also Middlehurst know a thing or 2 about skylines as well!!
Looks like a good car to me.

NLW

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have been told by a top tuner ( I won`t mention names) that Skylines need a rebuild after around 70000 miles to avoid anything breaking, this includes bearings and bottom end bolts.

I did say I know that the UK cars have 3 extra coolers but like i also said they are usually added to the imports anyway. Also I can tell if a car is a Vspec so I wouldn`t make that mistake.

I am not doubting that this car is very nice but to me I can`t justify paying more just because its a UK car.

Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
have heard plenty of stuff out there like this

but we know of lots of cars that are well past 70k and still going strong. No rebuillds needed and sounds like someone is trying to suck yer cash mate.
just depends on the car, the life and history it has had.
we are talking about a serious engine here after all.

Good luck in your hunt...if you pay peanuts..then you end up with a rebuild..a few on here have leanrt that lesson.

NW

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sure mate buying a cheap one will lead to more expense but the tuner who told me about the rebuild has built many of the guys cars of this board, most of them are well over 500BHP. I can only take his word for it as I wouldn`t have a clue how long the engine would last but I agree Nissan will have made sure the engine is well up to some hard driving!

Steve

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have no personal experience of very high milage GTRs but would have thought that if an engine can be tuned from its standard deresticted (middlehurst) uk spec of 350ish hp up to significantly higher levels then the standard engine must be fairly strong. If a standard car lets go at 70k miles then any kind of tuning would be an accident waiting to happen. As with a standard saloon car (ford, Audi) if treated badly then 70-80k can be an expensive time to buy otherwise they are fine for 150k+.
The only rules here are know the background history of the car and get a second opinion from the experts.
Do your homework and you will wear a huge smile for years to come.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
exactly max

experience and road examples has shown that many last but if a car has had a bad life then it could be a dog and let go.
Nissan quote 280 bHP std to get it through the SVA regs they have but if you put them on the dyno they are around the 310 - 320 mark. so only a lsight boost raise and you have 360 BHP. No reason why this should casue any major probs...unless the tuning was done badly.

NLW

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
and i thought someone was actually trying to sell a car on this thread :confused: :D

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I dont wanna get shouted at....

...but I agree with newbie. I am seriously looking at buying a car, as some on this board know, and I am leaning strongly towards an import as I feel they offer better value for money.

Yes I know that they could be lemons with a chequered past and be in need for some tlc, but eventually all cars need some tlc and you have to look at what you've got left in a year or twos time.

I know where there is a r33gtr for sale for less than 13k.......... but its been written off once!! This is a cheap car but needs alot of love and money spending on it and at the end of it would still be a written off skyline thats cost alot to get right. Another alternative are cars like this....a nice uk car but it has still done 74000 niles and will be looking at 100k in the next year or so, it will need some money spending on it but hopefully not much, but when 100k comes along then the value will be reduced somewhat.

If I were to spend 18k on a jap car...the right jap car that a good importer has checked out, with a warranty, and lots of extra goodies..........I would end up with a car thats probably newer, with more kit overall, nice rims, less miles, and more inherent value when i trade up to a 34 in a couple of years time.

I think this is a VERY nice car, and would love it to grace my drive, but not at this price.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but I feel that alot of people here cling to a notion that skylines are magic, and normal rules of depreciation dont apply.......they do, just in smaller amounts than to a normal car, but they DO depreciate, and 100k is still a benchmark in the used car market.

Just my opinion, feel free to shoot me down and curse my soul.

James.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...I didnt realise that my For Sale sign would attract so much attention !! (but for the wrong reasons)

This car reasonably priced even concidering the mileage.

This is a car that has had money thrown at it when it comes to servicing, the SH is upto date and was all carried out by Middlehurst. Also obviously most of these miles on this car are down to the motorway and a car like this would have no issues with cruising at 80-100mph on those kind of roads.

Besides, like I said this car has had money thrown at it engine wise and it was given a bottom end rebuild by the previous owner. This rebuild took place at Middlehurst.

As for the UK vs Import arguement - When it comes to the skyline the UK car is superior to that of its sister cars in its homeland. Just speak to those in the Know like middlehurst. But if there are people out there buying import cars then fine - i dont see a problem with that....

'bladerider' - - > If you think its a good idea in buying a written off R33 for £13k......then good luck to you. Let me know how you go. Also, I have had the car for about 7 months and only put about 4k miles on it, so unless the next owner does 25K in a year its not going to reach the 100K mark as early as you propose. Finally, no one ever said that the normal rules of depreciation dont work on skyline ----- I mean look at the fact that in four years this car has come down from £50k to £19K.

Anyway, im quite happy to run the car until its sold - it doesnt even bother me if it doesnt sell, at the end of the day ive still got a Skyline to knock about in !!

Happy Skylining people.

Lee

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sounds like a lovely car to me

moulty and it has even had the rebuild as well.
What MORE could a buyer look for!!

Good luck,
NLW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts