GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been reading up a lot on these turbos, and i couldnt find any information on them when being used with RB26's

of particular interest with these is... response and street performance. all these companies offer many alternatives that are supposed to trump garretts in all sorts of sectors

All of the following turbos come in twinscroll t4 configurations and are supposed to outspool and outpower their GT35R counterparts. This would mean that they could directly compete with a pair of -5s or 2530s.

Forced performance HTA 3582/3586
Precision turbo 6262 billet
Borg warner S300/S360 series
Holset HX35/Endless T-70R

We've all seen noctural's hta88 (t04z equivalent) making 2 bar by 4800rpm on a big 1.00 A/R. that would mean these would make boost even sooner, and still run over 700 hp with the boost turned up a bit :cool:

so, does anyone have any sorts of information on these ever been used on RB26s

thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm going for response so I ordered a Full-Race set up with a BW S300SX 1.00 A/R 83-75 60mm inducer. The turbo is back ordered for 3 months though....I'm also using Jun parts...280 11.35mm cams, springs, sprockets and ti valve retainers. I'm going to run the turbo at about 24 psi so I'm hoping for 550ish hp anything else is a bonus:cool:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm going for response so I ordered a Full-Race set up with a BW S300SX 1.00 A/R 83-75 60mm inducer. The turbo is back ordered for 3 months though....I'm also using Jun parts...280 11.35mm cams, springs, sprockets and ti valve retainers. I'm going to run the turbo at about 24 psi so I'm hoping for 550ish hp anything else is a bonus:cool:
Wow, sounds good mate, keep everyone updated with your progress!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, sounds good mate, keep everyone updated with your progress!
other engine parts as well

fuel
-sard fuel rail
-apexi pump rewired
-1000cc rc injectors
- -8 fuel hose
-aeromotive fuel regulator

exhaust
-4" arc Ti
-down pipe 4" Ti

engine
-jun head
-arc 4" intercooler
-newish long block from Nissan
-z32 mafs
-Power fc
-datalogic
-blitz scb Id3
-Full-Race manifold
-twin Tial wg's with screamer pipes

I'm debating whether to switch to twin Bosch 044's

Similar set up with a RB26 in a Z32 netted 22 psi @4100 rpm
YouTube - Booztd 3 - E85 + Borg Warner S360 Turbo

·
Registered
659 Posts
Are you tuning for E85 or just normal pump fuel?

On topic, I can understand these "new" turbos from Holset and BW that are now starting to be used on imports. But are these turbos really necessary, they come into their own at very high boost levels which require very good fuel to avoid detonation. Not sure but I have not found myself at 30psi on race fuel very often...

Now someone disagree :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good stuff!

i really want to see what the hta3582 can do paired with that manifold!

close enough with the BW tho, should be interesting. keep us posted!

good luck

edit: did you go twinscroll twin gate mani?

·
Registered
353 Posts
good stuff!

i really want to see what the hta3582 can do paired with that manifold!

close enough with the BW tho, should be interesting. keep us posted!

good luck

edit: did you go twinscroll twin gate mani?

Full-Race only does twin scroll for the RB26 and I will be using pump gas. Canada has 94 octane, i don't think I will need 24psi to get 550ish but you never know.:cool:

Here is some info and a graph for an RB26 with the BW 88-75 1.00 A/R at 19 psi.

Full-Race Motorsports

I'm expecting a very similar graph but 800 rpm sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts