GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forge Motorsport Alloy Finned Sump

This replacement sump is made from a solid alloy billet, finned to aid cooling, and is supplied with drilled and threaded tappings ( blanking plug included ) to allow the connection of an external oil cooler system.

Plan will be to mate up with Mocal oil cooler. Our 35 will be testing this set up in next few weeks.

Will come in very useful for R35 owners next years track activities with the GT-R hitting 120+ temp with bearly breaking into a sweat.

Made in UK and of usual high Forge Motorsport quality.

Loads more GT-R performance & cooling parts in the works.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I spoke to Forge. There is no increase in capacity as this was always intended to be paired with a cooler which is the next step. This has just been released on its own because it was ready. Willall sell their sump by itself too.

Interestingly the guy i spoke to said theres very little room between the sump and the undertray, and even less when you add fins. He estimated 12mm between the stock sump and undertray, so this sump has 10mm deep fins. They could have gone with 5mm fins and 5mm more depth, but this would have resulted in less heat dissipation and only 280ml more capacity so just not worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I spoke to Forge. There is no increase in capacity as this was always intended to be paired with a cooler which is the next step. This has just been released on its own because it was ready. Willall sell their sump by itself too.

Interestingly the guy i spoke to said theres very little room between the sump and the undertray, and even less when you add fins. He estimated 12mm between the stock sump and undertray, so this sump has 10mm deep fins. They could have gone with 5mm fins and 5mm more depth, but this would have resulted in less heat dissipation and only 280ml more capacity so just not worth it.
Isn't the Willall extended sump for the engine oil and this one is for the gearbox?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts