GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've popped over from the UK 300ZX forum for a second:

I *might* have some 87mm forged pistons for sale within the next few days. (I'll know on a few hours). It would appear, that my original order for 89mm pistons, looked like 87 on the FAX!! Bugger!

Anyway, I hear 87mm is +1mm oversize for your Skyline folks, who might be doing an upgrade, so....In light of the fact that I ****ed up here, I'll be willing to let them go for a somewhat cheaper price! If I end having to buy them because they've been made, then I'll let them go for around £750 (I've just paid £825).

The package includes:

6x 87mm forged JE pistons
<a href="http://www.totalseal.com/totalseal3.html">TotalSeal</a> ring set
All pins and clips

Anyone interested????

..I'll be back in about 4 hours to let you know.

Regards
Simon.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I think you'll need to make the price a lot more attractive before someone will buy them second hand, even though they've not been used.

Most people would want those fitted by a garage and a garage that supplies them would be more willing to fit them for a cheaper price than if you supply them yourself.

Plus there's the warranty issue. If you get a garage to supply and fit and then have a problem with one of the pistons and the engine needs to be stripped again, it'll be down to the garage to sort out. If you supply the pistons, they'll charge you to strip the engine again.

Just my $2 worth......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts