GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took mine off the road for the winter and been blasting around in the Clio (definitely one of the best cars I have ever driven) recently however as the weather was looking ok today decided to get the beast out for a blast.

First drive in about 2 months and oh my god....I think I totally forgot just how fast and brutal the car is...even using the medium boost map it just pins you back into the seat and takes off:clap:

As it was a bit cold the tyres were struggling a bit which just made it even more fun. Also a guy in Subaru 330s fancied a go....lasted about 4 seconds before he was dispatched:chuckle:

Now washed, clayed and dried sitting in the garage for a machine polish and some Zymol tomorrow.

I love my GT-R:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I know the feeling. I had a good blast lasst weekend when we had a bit of sun up north. I've only done about 500 miles since i got my stage 1 tune in October. Can't wait for the summer months :D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I couldn't last two months without a drive, mine gets a blast at least once a week even if it's 30 minutes.

How was the battery, did you trickle charge?

Anders

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the f£&@er on track soonest
I might just have to get something booked...Silverstone was great and I feel like I need another fix!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve thinking about a 650r myself...what are your thoughts on it now you have had yours for a few months?
I love it...for the money it's well worth it and probably the peak power you can get without some pretty significant expenditure....everything after 650 needs the engine out and you looking at turbos etc.

Very drivable....tons of torque more power than you really need on the road...theres not much going to trouble it on the power, handling or stopping stakes now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't last two months without a drive, mine gets a blast at least once a week even if it's 30 minutes.

How was the battery, did you trickle charge?

Anders
Yeah battery was fine.....it's connected to a trickle charger all the time.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I might just have to get something booked...Silverstone was great and I feel like I need another fix!
Silversone full GP circuit Sun 26th Feb :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I love it...for the money it's well worth it and probably the peak power you can get without some pretty significant expenditure....everything after 650 needs the engine out and you looking at turbos etc.

Very drivable....tons of torque more power than you really need on the road...theres not much going to trouble it on the power, handling or stopping stakes now:thumbsup:
Thanks Steve...sounds like exactly what I want...SVM have already fitted Eibach arbs and Alcon/Pagids to the beast and I have the GTC Titan already on and have Cobb NIS006...to get the complete 650r kit will not be massively more but will give me the car I crave set up with SVM love and care...may do the seats as per Stevey G's car

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Steve...sounds like exactly what I want...SVM have already fitted Eibach arbs and Alcon/Pagids to the beast and I have the GTC Titan already on and have Cobb NIS006...to get the complete 650r kit will not be massively more but will give me the car I crave set up with SVM love and care...may do the seats as per Stevey G's car
You have to finish it now.....as you say not much more to spend and its done. Those seats look exactly like the recaros in the wife's Clio and they are really good...very comfortable and supportive. I like the stock seats to be honest....next money on mine is Iains suspension kit I think. Although even with the Arb upgrade it handles soo much better already.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
You have to finish it now.....as you say not much more to spend and its done. Those seats look exactly like the recaros in the wife's Clio and they are really good...very comfortable and supportive. I like the stock seats to be honest....next money on mine is Iains suspension kit I think. Although even with the Arb upgrade it handles soo much better already.
Was surprised how much better the turn in was...how drony are the downpipes when pootling around? Only thing that concerns me

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was surprised how much better the turn in was...how drony are the downpipes when pootling around? Only thing that concerns me
If you are on a constant throttle just cruising there are fine...only really notice a big difference when you are on the power as they make the car sound quite a bit more raw/harsh. I am a bit of a noise fan though and really like to hear the engine and exhaust so could not really make too much noise for me although not sure the neighbours would agree:runaway:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I went out in it after being away for a few weeks and to Japan - forgot how many people give thumbs up and smile - not like a Fezza/911!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
not a massive change in exhaust note with downpipes under normal driving

car idles deeper and you only really hear the downpipes on full chat :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went out in it after being away for a few weeks and to Japan - forgot how many people give thumbs up and smile - not like a Fezza/911!
Absolutely...drove through leamington this afternoon and tons of people stopped for a look at it...definitely not a car for the shy person.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
If you are on a constant throttle just cruising there are fine...only really notice a big difference when you are on the power as they make the car sound quite a bit more raw/harsh. I am a bit of a noise fan though and really like to hear the engine and exhaust so could not really make too much noise for me although not sure the neighbours would agree:runaway:
Excellent...I take our daughter in car and ont want it to boomy...don't open it up when she is in the car anyhow...love the sound currently with the Titan and resonated y pipe

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the only thing putting me off booking anything....the mild weather can't last.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts