GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, for all the forum members who are into MMA, Dominic Cruz the former bantamweight champ fights for the first time in 3 years after some terrible injuries.

Check out the video in this link, he drives a GTR, and has done for quite awhile.

UFC 178 Video: Dominick Cruz, the Comeback - Bloody Elbow

Might dispel the myth that a GTR is just for people who can't afford real super cars lol :chuckle:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cruz hasn't fought in a long time and you might be suprised to hear what most UFC fighters get paid. It aint much,particularly the lower weight classes.
Aldo and Barao were only picking up around $25,000 per title defence. The ufc offers bonuses of $50k for fight/ko of the night etc as incentives to perform but it still doesn't amount to much,certainly compared to other sports/champions.

He probably gets paid more being a pundit for Fox tv!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cruz hasn't fought in a long time and you might be suprised to hear what most UFC fighters get paid. It aint much,particularly the lower weight classes.
Aldo and Barao were only picking up around $25,000 per title defence. The ufc offers bonuses of $50k for fight/ko of the night etc as incentives to perform but it still doesn't amount to much,certainly compared to other sports/champions.

He probably gets paid more being a pundit for Fox tv!
Yeah I know that the UFC are notoriously stingy with disclosed pay, but they do pay a healthy sign-on bonus for Champs that can renegotiate there contracts.

They are not making Mayweather money but with sponsorships, FOTN bonuses and PPV points the Champions make a healthy chunk of change.

BTW Aldo got 120k to show and 120k win bonus at UFC 169.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can assure you, that unless you are at the top of your game, you do not make money in MMA. Same applies with boxing.

Believe me. I would know.

Yeah I hear you, Im aware of the pay scales in both Boxing and MMA, with Cruz being a former divisional champ and coach on a season of TUF I'm sure he makes more than a lower level guy.

I should of just put the picture of Robert Downey jr up lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts