GTR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Whenever I hear the words "Formula 1" the first noise that pops up in my head is the V10 engine noise. Jesus, those engines are amazing. I know the BMW E60 used the Formula 1 V10, but the styling of the car was ugly as f*ck and too many electronics.

There are also drift events that are pretty cool to watch. Driftmasters.gp and Formula Drift. Something in Europe I know that seems pretty popular around across the Baltic sea is Drift Allstars at Riga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37arZWRs7g

I would love to buy one of those old V10 F1 engines, but they seem so expensive.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Are we still saying F1 is crap?

Bring 5 tyres and they have to use 3 of them during a race. That would get rid of 1 stop Races and more strategy.

Less aero.

That would be a start.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
F1 is still crap.

Get rid of the V6 sh*t engines, and put the V10s back in. Also would have to get rid of the stewards and the bull sh*t rules. Keep the safety features though.

They just have to stop with the government-fueled environmental agenda and start doing shit their own way. That is another reason why the new cars suck.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Has anyone seen the Masters Historic F1 races at the classic meetings ? they are awesome still
Yes, quite a few times and they are a pleasure to watch.

I think there will be some F1 demo laps at Silverstone Classic later this month which I look forward to.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Whenever I hear the words "Formula 1" the first noise that pops up in my head is the V10 engine noise. Jesus, those engines are amazing. I know the BMW E60 used the Formula 1 V10, but the styling of the car was ugly as f*ck and too many electronics.

There are also drift events that are pretty cool to watch. Driftmasters.gp and Formula Drift. Something in Europe I know that seems pretty popular around across the Baltic sea is Drift Allstars at Riga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37arZWRs7g

I would love to buy one of those old V10 F1 engines, but they seem so expensive.
It didn’t use the F1 engine it was a road going variant of it .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I should have been more specific. Those things still sound nice, but the E60 style is just so ugly.

The F1 race at Hockenheim was funny. The day before the race Schumacher's son drove the F2004 and the stands were full. Come race day, and the stands are all empty. Folks came to see the old, faster, and better V10s than the crappy, complicated trombone V6s.

Another boring F1 season. I was disappointed in Ferrari trying to make Charles the face of the team and the next Schumacher (there can never be another Schumacher). Speaking of Schumacher, what do you guys think is of him? I read that he is conscious. I really hope he isn't a vegetable though, since that guy is a hero and an assassin on the F1 tracks. Not like what you get with today's drivers who are all in it for the money.

Also, I noticed how a lot of the new racers are in the sport because their parents are quite wealthy and paid for it, while they aren't as good as a lot of other folks who didn't make it into the F1 that are not as wealthy. Gets rid of the whole point of true, raw driving skills that was present in the 60s, 80s, and 90s. Now it's all about the dinero. Only racers that don't come from that sort of wealthy paid background is Esteban and Kimi. Turns out Hamilton's dad was an IT manager so the "humble" stories are a lie. Verstappen is just in it because of his dad, but not that bad of a racer.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts